M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
JK-M5
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MBB F90 M5

Coincidence or not!!!

Had my 2015 M5 stage 2 remapped via OBD buy a very well known Tuner in the UK, Had noting but problems with it since due to misfireS tried all all the recommended advice,

change spark plugs,
change spark plug gaps,
change coil packs,
change MAF sensors

none of these cured the car.

recently found out that 3 15 plate M5 with the same stage 2 map has misfire issues from the same tuner before i got to the bottom of the problem the Engine sadly exploded on me whilst out on a daily drive. 1 of the recommendations was to put the stock file back on the car which i did and it was fine as a process of elimination

So here is my question what is different with the 2015 M5 to the earlier models i here people saying the turbos are revised but if this is true should the Map be altered

Do tuners tweak the file slightly for different year of manufactured engines if there is revisions on some of these Engines.

Recently got the car back and now i dare not put that map on that i paid well over £1200 for. The tuner says its not the map and i don't want to point any fingers so iv'e hung the washing out on here to get some Answers because tuning is supposed to be enjoyable but sadly its not the case for me at the moment

Car has always been run on the best pump Gas possible.

Last edited by JK-M5; 05-06-2018 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Yes a knowledgeable tuner can tweak the tune file for your specific car, depending on the fuel you run/mix and supporting mods you have. Anything pass stage 1, I recommend you customize the tune since you'll be pushing limits of stock components, and every car is different.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

M5/6 are ticking time bombs in general lol good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
F13stg2cp6mt
Private
Rep
Drives: Stage 2 F13

You can say that about any BMW. I've been loyal to the brand for over 10 years. AMG next for me!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 03:28 AM   #5
gazz1971
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Sorry to hear your problems that don't sound good who is the tuner just so I know who not to use if I decide to map mine ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboy View Post
Had my 2015 M5 stage 2 remapped via OBD buy a very well known Tuner in the UK, Had noting but problems with it since due to misfireS tried all all the recommended advice,

change spark plugs,
change spark plug gaps,
change coil packs,
change MAF sensors

recently found out that 3 15 plate M5 with the same stage 2 map has misfire issues from the same tuner before i got to the bottom of the problem the Engine sadly exploded on me whilst out on a daily drive. 1 of the recommendations was to put the stock file back on the car which i did and it was fine as a process of elimination

So here is my question what is different with the 2015 M5 to the earlier models i here people saying the turbos are revised but if this is true should the Map be altered

Do tuners tweak the file slightly for different year of manufactured engines if there is revisions on some of these Engines.

Recently got the car back and now i dare not put that map on that i paid well over £1200 for. The tuner says its not the map and i don't want to point any fingers so iv'e hung the washing out on here to get some Answers because tuning is supposed to be enjoyable but sadly its not the case for me at the moment

05-08-2018, 04:44 AM   #6
Guy M5
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 2014 MCB

I'm reading of more and more problems on here with tuned cars, granted stock cars have problems as well but tune them and they often just seem to attract big problems, clutches, gear rods, and complete engine destruction, I was contemplating tuning mine but I think this has now put me off doing so.

Let's face it, they are pretty quick as stock and if I really want to go any quicker, I'll just use my bike!

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Last edited by Guy M5; 05-08-2018 at 04:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboy View Post

change spark plugs,
change spark plug gaps,
change coil packs,
change MAF sensors

I think they went to a electronic waste gate in '15
      07-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #8
finlandm5f10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10&Audi RS6 C7 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy M5 View Post
I'm reading of more and more problems on here with tuned cars, granted stock cars have problems as well but tune them and they often just seem to attract big problems, clutches, gear rods, and complete engine destruction, I was contemplating tuning mine but I think this has now put me off doing so.

Let's face it, they are pretty quick as stock and if I really want to go any quicker, I'll just use my bike!

Sorry to hear of your problems.
Use bike... i just today show taillight 2010 model suzuki hayabusa 150-300km/h in the highway. I think we have ”litle” better tuners in Europe. And fuel is much better. I think problems whit engine you guys is much for the fuel. And god jeesus use best MOTOR OIL Redline 5w40 LL01
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 01:47 AM   #9
Guy M5
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 2014 MCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlandm5f10 View Post
Use bike... i just today show taillight 2010 model suzuki hayabusa 150-300km/h in the highway. I think we have ”litle” better tuners in Europe. And fuel is much better. I think problems whit engine you guys is much for the fuel. And god jeesus use best MOTOR OIL Redline 5w40 LL01
Your car must be very fast.

I own a Suzuki GSX-R1000 and a M5 F10 and I know which is quicker.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #10
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Hi mate can you message me the tuner I'm from uk and getting mine tuned very soon.. if you don't want to say tuner in public could you please private msg me

Thankyou
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #11
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy M5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by finlandm5f10 View Post
Use bike... i just today show taillight 2010 model suzuki hayabusa 150-300km/h in the highway. I think we have "litle" better tuners in Europe. And fuel is much better. I think problems whit engine you guys is much for the fuel. And god jeesus use best MOTOR OIL Redline 5w40 LL01
Your car must be very fast.

I own a Suzuki GSX-R1000 and a M5 F10 and I know which is quicker.

The biker probably just ran out of guts. I use to ride and never went above 250km/h, where as in the M5 I don't have issues with 300km/h.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #12
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Motorsports View Post
Hi mate can you message me the tuner I'm from uk and getting mine tuned very soon.. if you don't want to say tuner in public could you please private msg me

Thankyou
go for the bootmod3 mate that is what I have. Built a flash agent with a e-sys cable and a rasberry pi and can flash it from my phone. Best value for money, can pick stage 0 (competition pack, stage 1 or 2 and can flash it back to stock when ever/where ever I want
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #13
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmclark View Post
go for the bootmod3 mate that is what I have. Built a flash agent with a e-sys cable and a rasberry pi and can flash it from my phone. Best value for money, can pick stage 0 (competition pack, stage 1 or 2 and can flash it back to stock when ever/where ever I want
That sounds great mate but complicated? Probably because I'm new to BMW?

I was thinking about just going stage2 with evolve?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:37 AM   #14
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Motorsports View Post
That sounds great mate but complicated? Probably because I'm new to BMW?

I was thinking about just going stage2 with evolve?
Its no different you still have to plug in to the obdII port! just Bootmod3 saves you about £800 (well on the stage 1 as evolve stage 2 comes with decats)

If you want to go catless I have a set of gutted OEM cats if you are interested
Appreciate 0