M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Suspension Help

So I decided to pull the trigger on a set of HRE P540C wheels. 9.5x20 front / 11x20 rear wrapped in 265/305 PS4S.

I think I went too aggressive with the 305's on 11 inch wheels as I get some very light rubbing over big dips or bumps while driving. I know the front end needs to come down a bit to reduce the gap but what about the rear? If I drop the front end, will this help with the slight rubbing?

Also if I went with KV HAS and kept the same height in the rear, would the rubbing go away?

Just looking for some guidance from the suspension guru's
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

You'd be better off going to a reputable wheel shop for advice before gambling with sizes.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
You'd be better off going to a reputable wheel shop for advice before gambling with sizes.
Are assuming that I'm not dealing with a reputable shop?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Easy tiger.

I certainly wouldn't recommend altering the rear height with your current set up. As with all m5s the front must come down. I'm no guru but it's not so much the width of the wheel but the offset that's causing you problems. You will most likely see that you have plenty of room on the inside of the wheel. If you ran 295s on the rear you would have a slightly stretched look and would possibly not rub.

Unless you can get past the issue by altering ride height, the only options you have is to run a narrower tyre with a stretched look, not a nice look on the M5, or change your wheels, which I'm sure were damn expensive.

Selecting aftermarket wheels requires a lot of research or a lot of gambling. I'm glad I like the standard m5 wheels as it saves me a lot of hassle. I run 305s on mine and require spacers as they're still tucked in to much.

I suppose you could alter the rear camber but again would ruin the look of the M5.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58885.50
Blaxwil619.50
      03-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Easy tiger.

I certainly wouldn't recommend altering the rear height with your current set up. As with all m5s the front must come down. I'm no guru but it's not so much the width of the wheel but the offset that's causing you problems. You will most likely see that you have plenty of room on the inside of the wheel. If you ran 295s on the rear you would have a slightly stretched look and would possibly not rub.

Unless you can get past the issue by altering ride height, the only options you have is to run a narrower tyre with a stretched look, not a nice look on the M5, or change your wheels, which I'm sure were damn expensive.

Selecting aftermarket wheels requires a lot of research or a lot of gambling. I'm glad I like the standard m5 wheels as it saves me a lot of hassle. I run 305s on mine and require spacers as they're still tucked in to much.

I suppose you could alter the rear camber but again would ruin the look of the M5.
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

I think lowering the front is a must as you mention. The rubbing isn't that bad and I only experience it under extreme bumps.

I'll most likely go with KW HAS and bring that front down. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #6
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

You may find that with the KW HAS your rubbing will stop due to spring stiffness, especially if it's only on harsh bumps.

Good luck
Appreciate 0