M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
lotus49
Private
England
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Cost of brake fluid and vehicle inspection services

Last Friday I bought my M5 from a dealer about 150 miles from home. I'm very pleased with it so far but when I test drove the car, I noticed two services outstanding. These were "Statutory vehicle inspection" and "Brake fluid".

We had agreed that these services would be carried out before I collected the car but they were not. I think this was a simple mistake rather than a deliberate omission. If the dealer were local to me, I could just take the car back to them and have them do the service but due to the distance, that would mean a 300 mile round trip and a whole day wasted so I'm not going to do that.

I phoned the dealer this afternoon and I'm still waiting to hear back but I presume the easiest option is for them to pay me the cost of the services. Roughly how much should I expect to pay for these two (apparently minor) services?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
Last Friday I bought my M5 from a dealer about 150 miles from home. I'm very pleased with it so far but when I test drove the car, I noticed two services outstanding. These were "Statutory vehicle inspection" and "Brake fluid".

We had agreed that these services would be carried out before I collected the car but they were not. I think this was a simple mistake rather than a deliberate omission. If the dealer were local to me, I could just take the car back to them and have them do the service but due to the distance, that would mean a 300 mile round trip and a whole day wasted so I'm not going to do that.

I phoned the dealer this afternoon and I'm still waiting to hear back but I presume the easiest option is for them to pay me the cost of the services. Roughly how much should I expect to pay for these two (apparently minor) services?
Brake fluid is around £90 and I presume the SVI is the MOT which is £54.Don't forget the service book for the bm stamp to say it's been carried out.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 01:20 AM   #3
lotus49
Private
England
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Brake fluid is around £90 and I presume the SVI is the MOT which is £54.Don't forget the service book for the bm stamp to say it's been carried out.
Thank you, that's useful. They did do the MOT so that must just be a matter of telling the car that it's been done. I had hoped that the brake fluid service was a small one. I'll just try to get £100 from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 03:00 AM   #4
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

I have paid £110 for the brake fluid change and £50 for the inspection

These are reduced rates though as the brake fluid should be £150, the inspection was also reduced as they are changing the oil at the same time.

I don't think they have a service book anymore as its all visible on the I-Drive.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 03:46 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I bring mine along anyway and make sure they stamp it; it back's up the i-drive that all is done.
Appreciate 0