M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

03-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

M5 KIMBO/Cluster CAFD needed

Folks, can one of you Kindly post or send me their M5 Cluster/Kombi CAFD file. In particular, I'm trying to retrofit one into a non-m but the speed is off as the dials in M's go to 200mpH while non-ms are at 160mph,

Maybe this is the parameter that controls this stepper motor speed? wondering if your entries are different :

KOMBI-> 300B-> KI_Parameter, 10 ->Funktionen->V_VEH_SPDM->geschw_x_kl : werte=01, 10, 78, C8
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

I'm posting the backup of a KOMBI CAFD from when I got my M5 last summer, before I started coding. The dealer reflashed the whole car before putting it up for sale to whatever the I-step for 7/2017.

The key you posted doesn't look like what you need, because both the M5 and my F10 550i have the same werte value. I am afraid that the 0xC8 = 200 is just a ringer.

FWIW, my guess would be that 160 vs. 200 isn't your problem. I think the KOMBI just has a PT-CAN bus connection, and no direct feed from any pulse sensor in wheels or diff, I figure it would just receive digital speed data (pulses or decoded velocity) from ICM or somewhere else. Even if the KOMBI was getting just a pulse count, the count would be based on wheel size regardless of car or M/non-M, so it could be your speedo difference is really because the M and non-M cars had different wheel sizes coded, and it is displaying the "correct" speed for that wheel size. Something to look into to chase it down.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CAFD_00000069_010_002_054.zip (1.9 KB, 189 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Thanks Much TLK, (I know this is late in coming).

Folks, just to update this thread. I ended up swapping the EEPROM from my current 6WA cluster onto the Alpina cluster. That took care of the mileage and vehicle vin. The rest of the cluster controls for the needles worked just fine on the Alpina cluster. I had tried to find any info I could, on controlling the movement step size of the needle for the speedo, but could not find any.

For the e60 and other e series, there was a way to use the BMW standard SW tools to modify the step size but those parameters are either hidden away on the F-series now or someone who really knows e-sys well might be able to find them (I know I couldn't).

BOTTOM line is as long as I swapped the EEPROM (I'm guessing clearing the EEPROM and copying over data rather than physical removal would have worked too), the overall cluster worked as expected in terms speed/rpm gauges.
Appreciate 0