Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Different coding software, tunes, what to do!?

I posted in the "electronics" sub forum with no response. Hopefully more people will see the thread posted here instead:

Hey guys,

Before I get into my main questions, a little background. I have 2 laptops running various software for working on BMW's of different generations.

One laptop has vintage DIS v44 running in VMware which allows full diagnostic capabilities on my E39 M5. To compliment that, I also have an older version of INPA which is a fantastic/quick program for the e39 diagnostics and monitoring. I also have NCSexpert but admittedly I never learned the program and only used it once to code a replacement airbag module, and even then it was because I had a step by step guide.

Laptop #2 is much more modern and running an old version of ISTA D. It only goes up to 2013 models, that's how old. BUT, it does work fine on my 2013 M5 and my Dad's E60 (with a different cable).

Here's what I'd like to do:

-I'd like to be able to code "features" on my F10.
-I'd like to be able to code batteries on the E60 (if possible) and F10 (definitely).
-I'd like to be able to code replacement modules on the E60 and F10.
-I plan to purchase a tune for the F10. I'm currently leaning towards Open Flash or BootMod3.

So here's my dilemma. I don't want to be running 10 different programs in order to do everything. One would be ideal, but that's only going to work if either of the tune programs can do all of that (above) which I doubt. Do they? So if I'm forced to have a tune platform and a coding platform, which of the coding platforms do you guys recommend? I've read up a little on the Carly app, but not on the other 2. Can you code replacement modules with any/all of them? I'm talking about a new airbag module, or GM module, etc.

Opinions welcome!

Thanks
Appreciate 0