M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

01-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Platinum Leather interior --anybody have it?

Is this color similar to cream? Or if you have it or seen it, can someone describe it better? I'm thinking it's warmer in tone than something like silverstone.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

And yes I searched and read past posts and info. I was just checking on any recent thoughts/opinions.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
And yes I searched and read past posts and info. I was just checking on any recent thoughts/opinions.
I had the Platinum interior on my 2013 M5. I really liked the interior. It was full leather with Alcantara headliner. People who got the opportunity to ride in my car would be surprised and say things like: "I thought you only get this kind of leather in a Bentley or Rolls Royce".

Cream is a good way of describing it. In fact it is almost identical to Porsche Exclusive Cream leather. It is noticeably warmer than Silverstone or Opal White for that matter. It is a lighter than Ivory though. Ivory has a bit of a beige tone which Platinum does not have.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

that looks good with the gloss piano trim!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 05:09 AM   #5
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=stealth.pilot;21185407]I had the Platinum interior on my 2013 M5. I really liked the interior. It was full leather with Alcantara headliner. People who got the opportunity to ride in my car would be surprised and say things like: "I thought you only get this kind of leather in a Bentley or Rolls Royce".

Cream is a good way of describing it. In fact it is almost identical to Porsche Exclusive Cream leather. It is noticeably warmer than Silverstone or Opal White for that matter. It is a lighter than Ivory though. Ivory has a bit of a beige tone which Platinum does not have.

---------

Thanks Stealth. As always, you are very helpful. Was thinking the look may be on the femme side but I believe with the right exterior, this interior can really make the whole car complete and certainly unique.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=GladiatorOwner;21186524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I had the Platinum interior on my 2013 M5. I really liked the interior. It was full leather with Alcantara headliner. People who got the opportunity to ride in my car would be surprised and say things like: "I thought you only get this kind of leather in a Bentley or Rolls Royce".

---------

Thanks Stealth. As always, you are very helpful. Was thinking the look may be on the femme side but I believe with the right exterior, this interior can really make the whole car complete and certainly unique.
Completely agree. It's all about having the right exterior. What were you thinking?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Potentially frozen silver, azurite black or another black. There's a used one in CA that I'm considering but not sure yet. It's winter here in the north so I'm kinda screwin around with combos. Outside of regular color paints, there are slim pickings on unique paint currently but I can wait. No reason to rush.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #8
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Potentially frozen silver, azurite black or another black. There's a used one in CA that I'm considering but not sure yet. It's winter here in the north so I'm kinda screwin around with combos. Outside of regular color paints, there are slim pickings on unique paint currently but I can wait. No reason to rush.
I think the Platinum will go well with all of these, especially the blacks.

With Frozen Silver, it would look good but I don't think it is the best choice. I think the best choices with Frozen Silver would be Fiona Red, Opal White or Amaro Brown.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

I have it on my car, but I choose alcantara anthracite instead of matching platinum roof liner for a contrast look.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
I have it on my car, but I choose alcantara anthracite instead of matching platinum roof liner for a contrast look.
Very nice ! These pictures are fantastic. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #11
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Does this picture belong to the date you pick her up?
Or you drive it while the seats are covered by those plastic covers?
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #12
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Quote:
Does this picture belong to the date you pick her up?
Or you drive it while the seats are covered by those plastic covers?
The day I pick it up, no I don't drive it around with plastic cover though I haven't been driving it much.

I would avoid driving it with any clothes that will transfer color like jeans, it picks up color pretty easily.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #13
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
The day I pick it up, no I don't drive it around with plastic cover though I haven't been driving it much.

I would avoid driving it with any clothes that will transfer color like jeans, it picks up color pretty easily.
That's what I have always been worried about and the main reason I always avoided this kind of color since I wear jeans most of the time...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #14
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I like the deviated stitching on the dash. Surprised they didn't also put it on the upper part of the door panels.

What did you pay for that? I skipped it because they were quoting $5800 for the stitching.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 04:38 AM   #15
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I like the deviated stitching on the dash. Surprised they didn't also put it on the upper part of the door panels.

What did you pay for that? I skipped it because they were quoting $5800 for the stitching.
Make long story short, this was the first time that BMW distributor in Taiwan accepted special order for contrast stitching ( they said no at first but at forum member's suggestion I contacted BMW Germany directly and they made the distributor accepted my request) but neither neither they nor I knew that contrast stitching on door panels is a different code and price.

So when the car arrived in Taiwan and I saw that the stitching didn't extend to the door panel, it was too late to do anything about it. My sales was surprised at how the stitching turned out too, so I couldn't really blame him.

As for price, since Taiwan has a huge premium due to taxes and different margins (Taiwan has only one BMW distributor and have stiff pricing) so I'm not sure the price here is an accurate reflection of what you might have gotten quoted in the US. Full leather option is $18,000, and contrast stitching for dash was $2700. I don't know how much the door panel contrast stitching cost since it was no use to me, the car was already in Taiwan, so I didn't ask.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:13 AM   #16
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Quote:
This could be problematic since jeans are my go to's? Maybe leather cleaners and protectants can take on the challenges? Great look with the contrasting though. I'm sure silverstone leather has the same struggles......
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #17
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This could be problematic since jeans are my go to's? Maybe leather cleaners and protectants can take on the challenges? Great look with the contrasting though. I'm sure silverstone leather has the same struggles......
Sadly to say, I don't think leather cleaner will help much. Protectants might help against the transfer but once it's on the leather, it's pretty much there.

It's spectacular to look at though. Maybe consider wear khakis more often.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 01:13 PM   #18
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There are some products you can use.

I use Leather Lock on my Porsche
http://www.drbeasleys.com/leather-lock.html

I used to use this product on my M5 which also seemed to be effective.
https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Maste.../dp/B0079JDPNE

This one is pretty good too. I've never used it but I may try it on my white leather sofas at home after I get them cleaned next time.
https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Maste...her+master+ink
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #19
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
There are some products you can use.

I use Leather Lock on my Porsche
http://www.drbeasleys.com/leather-lock.html

I used to use this product on my M5 which also seemed to be effective.
https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Maste.../dp/B0079JDPNE

This one is pretty good too. I've never used it but I may try it on my white leather sofas at home after I get them cleaned next time.
https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Maste...her+master+ink
I want to try those protectants too, just were afraid they might change the color of the leather.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #20
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Is this color similar to cream? Or if you have it or seen it, can someone describe it better? I'm thinking it's warmer in tone than something like silverstone.
Glad, didn't you buy my Frozen Black '13?
      03-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #21
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin4now
Quote:
Glad, didn't you buy my Frozen Black '13?
Yes. Should've kept it but obviously didn't. Now have the lunar rocket with black interior.... platinum was in a car that was under serious consideration. Just didn't pull the trigger on that one.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #22
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Yes. Should've kept it but obviously didn't. Now have the lunar rocket with black interior.... platinum was in a car that was under serious consideration. Just didn't pull the trigger on that one.
Ha! I should have kept that car as well. I miss it.