M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #111
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Great debut for Lukaku and a very good start of the season for Chelsea.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate283.50
      08-22-2021, 02:13 PM   #112
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Definitely a different dynamic with Lukaku up front! Reece James played well too
__________________
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12759.50
      08-22-2021, 02:29 PM   #113
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Lukaku is going to create a lot of space for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:02 PM   #114
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

This man will be THE difference this season.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #115
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
and wait until Pulisic is running the flank making even more space for him, this chelsea team has some serious depth, Christensen played amazing in the back too. This is going to be a great campaign can't wait for next week vs Liverpool. Van Dijk vs Lukaku
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 01:29 PM   #116
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

That was an intense game and disappointing they had to play with 10 men in the 2nd half but they withstood the pressure and got a point out of it.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate283.50
      08-28-2021, 01:59 PM   #117
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
The reffing was bad, it was a penalty for sure, a red card was harsh though, he didn't even take half a minute to review
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #118
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

That ref apparently has a history with Chelsea too. The dude took 2 secs to look at a freeze frame image on the monitor and didn't even bother to review the actual video replay. Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 07:47 AM   #119
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
That ref apparently has a history with Chelsea too. The dude took 2 secs to look at a freeze frame image on the monitor and didn't even bother to review the actual video replay. Ridiculous.
I was reading something about that, absolutely ridiculous, plus he didnt give Salah a yellow when he blasted the ball away after fouling one of our guys, however he gave mendy a card for essentially the same thing? I hope the FA reviews the reffing in this game!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #120
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Yeah I couldn't believe Salah didn't get a card for that! The fewer Chelsea games that guy refs, the better.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:01 AM   #121
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
agreed! at least we took a point, we were very good defensively, and even had a few counter attack chances.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #122
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
agreed! at least we took a point, we were very good defensively, and even had a few counter attack chances.
Yeah, definitely happy to have gotten a point. Not many teams could've withstood that kind of pressure at Anfield with just 10 men playing for an entire half. Can you imagine them pulling that off if Frank Lampard was still the manager? I can't! Tuchel has really solidified his identity with this team and they are stout on defense which is awesome. Now if they can continue to improve with more clinical finishes up front they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate283.50
      08-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #123
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17192
Rep
9,343
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

After watching it this morning, that was CLEARLY a DOGSO, and warrants the red. Wouldn't have to see it for more than 2 seconds to make that VAR call, either.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #124
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
After watching it this morning, that was CLEARLY a DOGSO, and warrants the red. Wouldn't have to see it for more than 2 seconds to make that VAR call, either.
He didn't even watch the video, just a still shot. It's the process which the ref determined the red which infuriated many, including me. Even though the game ended in a 1-1 draw, I think Chelsea is the happier bunch coming out of Anfield with a point, especially under those circumstances.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate283.50
      08-30-2021, 12:24 PM   #125
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17192
Rep
9,343
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
He didn't even watch the video, just a still shot. It's the process which the ref determined the red which infuriated many, including me. Even though the game ended in a 1-1 draw, I think Chelsea is the happier bunch coming out of Anfield with a point, especially under those circumstances.
Still shot, arm bent, scooping the ball out of the net? Denied an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity - DOGSO. Red card.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 07:49 AM   #126
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yeah, definitely happy to have gotten a point. Not many teams could've withstood that kind of pressure at Anfield with just 10 men playing for an entire half. Can you imagine them pulling that off if Frank Lampard was still the manager? I can't! Tuchel has really solidified his identity with this team and they are stout on defense which is awesome. Now if they can continue to improve with more clinical finishes up front they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
I was thinking the same thing! had mason mount found havertz the game would have been over prior to the penalty. and as for Lampard oh man we would have been blown out, Tuchel really is a master tactician
__________________
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12759.50
      08-31-2021, 02:08 PM   #127
lvevo
Private First Class
71
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: IE, CA

iTrader: (0)

Saul from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea!!! Marina Granovskaia is a genius. Too bad the Jules Kounde deal looks dead. Not that a defender was needed, but with 5 subs all season rotation would have been good.
__________________
Passively looking for a F80 M3 Competition & Executive w/ manual trans in all colors but black. Prefer 2018 and Carbon Cloth seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 02:21 PM   #128
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
Saul from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea!!! Marina Granovskaia is a genius. Too bad the Jules Kounde deal looks dead. Not that a defender was needed, but with 5 subs all season rotation would have been good.
Is that Saul Niguez a done deal?? I saw rumors they were working on a transfer. BTW, what happened to Ben Chilwell? I guess Tuchel doesn't really like him. They ought to trade him for some $$.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 02:30 PM   #129
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
284
Rep
2,145
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
wow I didnt think the Saul deal was on still, definitely need this guy to give jorghino and kante some rest! I hear we are out on Kounde, thats too bad Seville was looking to get rich off of us.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 02:56 PM   #130
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Not sure but I've been concerned with Kante lately, he's been a bit gimpy. I suppose we could use more players to shore up the back and midfield. I want to see more of Chalobah though. He looks very promising.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #131
lvevo
Private First Class
71
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: IE, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Is that Saul Niguez a done deal?? I saw rumors they were working on a transfer. BTW, what happened to Ben Chilwell? I guess Tuchel doesn't really like him. They ought to trade him for some $$.
Yep, that's him. Loan fee of 5 million Euros with an option to buy. I haven't seen the buyout price yet.. I thought it was dead last night, but this morning it's confirmed. The transfer genius Marina is good.

Ben Chilwell is a good squad player. But if he is not going to play then they should sell.
__________________
Passively looking for a F80 M3 Competition & Executive w/ manual trans in all colors but black. Prefer 2018 and Carbon Cloth seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 04:22 PM   #132
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12760
Rep
2,983
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
Yep, that's him. Loan fee of 5 million Euros with an option to buy. I haven't seen the buyout price yet.. I thought it was dead last night, but this morning it's confirmed. The transfer genius Marina is good.

Ben Chilwell is a good squad player. But if he is not going to play then they should sell.
Noyce!

If there's one thing Chelsea is good at, it's balancing the budget. I heard they always recoup the money they invest in their players by usually selling off the ones they no longer need. As such, they're not in debt. It doesn't hurt to have a billionaire owner either. Lol.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST