M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-24-2023, 12:31 PM   #1123
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Rodgers just doesn't seem to want to play, I see that in his body language. OR maybe that's just him getting old.
I'm honestly sick and tired of Rodgers' arrogance. It goes all the way back to when he was drafted talking about being annoyed he wasn't drafter earlier in the 1st round. And then to last week where he talks about "I still think I can be league MVP" when he was on the Pat Mcafee show. It's too much about him and not about the collective success of the team. But of course, he is great.....it's everyone else that needs to get better.
GERMAN M34181.00
      01-24-2023, 01:41 PM   #1124
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Except for the Eagles' Haasan Reddick...
Take a look at their stats from the regular season:

H. Reddick: 16.0 sacks, 26 QB hits, 11 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
M. Parsons: 13.5 sacks, 27 QB hits, 14 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
Those are pretty darn similar stat lines.
Very good, but Bosa is better and TJ Watt would be if he was healthy all year.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 03:13 PM   #1125
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Very good, but Bosa is better and TJ Watt would be if he was healthy all year.
+1. Bosa played in only 16 games. 18.5 sacks, 19 TFL, 2 FF, and 48 QB hits. He's DPOY and Parsons is a distant second. It's not a shot at Parsons because I think he's a fantastic player but Bosa is playing outside of his mind right now.
      01-24-2023, 03:59 PM   #1126
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
My posting the Parsons/Reddick statistics was a comparison of the OLB position ...which they both perform as kind of a "hybrid" linebacker. Not trying to discount Bosa' ability (or any other defensive lineman).
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 04:58 PM   #1127
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
My posting the Parsons/Reddick statistics was a comparison of the OLB position ...which they both perform as kind of a "hybrid" linebacker. Not trying to discount Bosa' ability (or any other defensive lineman).
That's fair. It's worth noting Bosa's numbers are impressive considering all that work was done with a hand in the dirt.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 05:48 PM   #1128
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Bro. You have summed up my thoughts exactly!

I'm done with Dak. IDGAF what his regular season stats have been. He is NOT the answer for this team. He's had 7 years to prove it! I'm definitely taking any of the choices you mentioned above over him.
One stud Receiver. One competent Head Coach. And Lamar.
SUPERBOWL bound without question.

Our Defense completely nullified Deebo Samuel, one of if not the best in the game.

I'm actually afraid of losing Dan Quinn more than anything...
Dak reminds me of Danny White in the early 80’s. Danny just couldn’t get over the hump and lost in the playoffs 4 years in a row, with three of them being Championship games. Yes, I remember those days.
      01-24-2023, 06:21 PM   #1129
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Dak reminds me of Danny White in the early 80’s. Danny just couldn’t get over the hump and lost in the playoffs 4 years in a row, with three of them being Championship games. Yes, I remember those days.
So sad but true.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      01-25-2023, 08:26 AM   #1130
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:

I'm done with Dak. IDGAF what his regular season stats have been. He is NOT the answer for this team. He's had 7 years to prove it! I'm definitely taking any of the choices you mentioned above over him.

Our Defense completely nullified Deebo Samuel, one of if not the best in the game.

youre taking Lamar, who has done absolutely nothing in the postseason (3td 5int 55% completion passing and only 1 td rushing in playoffs), and jimmy g whos also done nothing in the postseason (4td 6int 60% completion) over dak (11td 5int 63%)? Sure, dak hasnt done well vs the 9ers in back to back seasons in the playoffs, but there is a reason the 9ers were the #1 defense this season. Dak was pressured on almost 60% of drop backs this game, and had a similar pressure rate last season. Our OC just decided to not do anything to counter that.

Quote:
Except for the Eagles' Haasan Reddick...
Take a look at their stats from the regular season:

H. Reddick: 16.0 sacks, 26 QB hits, 11 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
M. Parsons: 13.5 sacks, 27 QB hits, 14 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
Those are pretty darn similar stat lines.
fwiw, Parsons had the highest pressure rate in the NFL. The problem was the back half of the season we were down to our 4th, 5th and 6th CB so there were typically guys open for the QB to get a quick pass off to. Thats why you saw Parsons sack numbers drop off towards the end of the season.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 02:43 PM   #1131
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

Reddick is a really under the radar player. He is a top 5 pass rusher, but you never hear about him nationally.

Would you rather have Dak or Kirk Cousins? They both put up big numbers but seem to wilt under the spotlight. Personally, if I had to take one, I'd take Dak, but I'd rather have the $40mm in cap space.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 06:49 PM   #1132
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
Reddick is a really under the radar player. He is a top 5 pass rusher, but you never hear about him nationally.

Would you rather have Dak or Kirk Cousins? They both put up big numbers but seem to wilt under the spotlight. Personally, if I had to take one, I'd take Dak, but I'd rather have the $40mm in cap space.
Between the two, Dak. I believe he has the tangibles. The more I begin to look back at his career and the mentors and coaching... The Coaching and play calling are a huge issue and the offensive coordinator has been here far too long.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 06:28 AM   #1133
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:

Maybe they go w/Dak one more season at least but yeah, he’s not going to get them to the Super Bowl. I agree about you being afraid of losing Quinn as I don’t want to lose Wink/Kafka Giants coordinators. And Jones might get Dak money

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Rodgers just doesn't seem to want to play, I see that in his body language. OR maybe that's just him getting old.
It would be very hard for him to walk away from IIRC $59M guaranteed coming up next season so we’ll see. On one hand I still think Tennessee would be the perfect landing spot for him if he demanded a trade. On the other hand, with all the great younger QBs in the AFC, he might just want to return to the Packers or latch onto another NFC team (Bucs, Saints, Falcons) but he would want to win now and those teams are far from it.

Drama drama drama!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:41 AM   #1134
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Between the two, Dak. I believe he has the tangibles. The more I begin to look back at his career and the mentors and coaching... The Coaching and play calling are a huge issue and the offensive coordinator has been here far too long.
This i think is a big thing and more and more people seem to be starting to realize it.

You pair dak with an OC that will work his scheme around the players he has, vs what Linehan/Garrett/Moore do of heres my scheme and we'll make the players fit it, and I think Dak has a great season with postseason success.

Read a pretty good breakdown of Moore's offensive philosophy today, that i think sums it up best, and falls in line with Garrett's, and seemingly Moore's, gameplan of "We have a gameplan, we just need to execute."

Essentially, Moore's offensive approach is plays that require the offense to out execute vs the defense. This goes back to his Boise St days where he ran a similar style offense to what he has now. Boise St tends to beat up on their weaker opponents (MWC) but struggles vs conferences that tend to have a lot of NFL talent (SEC, Big10, Big12)

When you play teams that have inferior talent, that offense will work. Your WRs are better than the other teams DBs, so they can get open and make some of the tough catches in traffic that his style creates. This is why we typically destroy bad teams.

When you play a team at a similar talent level, you have to hope your offense elevates that day, while the defense doesnt. This is why its usually a toss up vs equally talented teams.

When you play a team with better talent level, youre screwed. This is why we have seen our "high powered" "high scoring" offense struggle in the playoffs. Not only are most other teams highly talented, the intensity steps up and the coaching steps up. You may be able to steal a game if everything goes perfectly, but as we all know, nothing ever goes perfect.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 01:09 PM   #1135
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

The Cowboys could be really good as they have some playmakers and they can run up some points. My opinion of the biggest obstacle in their way is Jerry Jones. He needs to step away from the day to day football operations and let a GM run with it. I also think a lot of good talented leaders don't want to work for the Cowboys because it's Jerry's show. With him in control they will never get over the hump unless they get really really lucky like they did with the Herschel Walker trade over 30 years ago.....
GERMAN M34181.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      01-26-2023, 02:19 PM   #1136
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmclellan View Post
the cowboys could be really good as they have some playmakers and they can run up some points. My opinion of the biggest obstacle in their way is jerry jones. He needs to step away from the day to day football operations and let a gm run with it. I also think a lot of good talented leaders don't want to work for the cowboys because it's jerry's show. With him in control they will never get over the hump unless they get really really lucky like they did with the herschel walker trade over 30 years ago.....
absofuckinglutely!!!!!
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2021.00
GERMAN M34181.00
      01-26-2023, 04:17 PM   #1137
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
The Cowboys could be really good as they have some playmakers and they can run up some points. My opinion of the biggest obstacle in their way is Jerry Jones. He needs to step away from the day to day football operations and let a GM run with it. I also think a lot of good talented leaders don't want to work for the Cowboys because it's Jerry's show. With him in control they will never get over the hump unless they get really really lucky like they did with the Herschel Walker trade over 30 years ago.....
Totally agree with What JMcLellan just said!!
      01-26-2023, 04:18 PM   #1138
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

*BREAKING*

I also believe that if Biscuit Boy keeps foking up, Dan could slide right in the Head Coach position.
Attached Images

01-26-2023, 04:44 PM   #1139
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Talking

I see that Dak has a certain "type". I ain't mad at him.
Attached Images

01-26-2023, 05:10 PM   #1140
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
That is a guy...

Looks like him.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 05:11 PM   #1141
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
his type is smoking hot chicks

i wish i had that type

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 05:32 PM   #1142
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
his type is smoking hot chicks

i wish i had that type
I know we all have opinions. However... She and the previous were very average IMO. Considering who he is, income and good looking dude, I'd expect and would personally be dating one of the hottest females in Hollywood, Singer, or straight up Exotic Miss Universe type. IJS
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 07:39 PM   #1143
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
*BREAKING*

I also believe that if Biscuit Boy keeps foking up, Dan could slide right in the Head Coach position.
Whew!! That’s good news TXSTYLE .
      01-27-2023, 09:19 AM   #1144
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
*BREAKING*

id really like to see this team without kellen.

I think between McCarthy and Quinn with a better OC, this team could go far.

Appreciate 0