M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

05-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

M5 Coding Items List [PDF Spreadsheet]

There is a lot of coding info out there, and a condensed PDF with many values. It's all a bit messy and can be confusing or hard to locate.

I ended up making a spreadsheet for myself to use when I am in my car and on my coding laptop. Posting it up here in case it can be of help to anyone else. I will be using this tomorrow to finish coding everything I want done.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf coding-workbook.pdf (39.2 KB, 7852 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Awaiting Stealth comments IOT validate.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

A complete sheet with columns what is known to work on 2010-2013 F10 is available at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZWXlXMHc#gid=0

For KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN the default is actually 0F , so change it to 0A (1 sec) or 05 (0.5 sec)

But this topic has been discussed/covered in http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771552 and other threads.

Also note that some of the coding (like HBA without installing the stalk) will generate faults the dealer will see when they plug in the diagnostics. To not have them waste their time troubleshooting you may want to give them a heads up.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh
A complete sheet with columns what is known to work on 2010-2013 F10 is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZWXlXMHc#gid=0

For KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN the default is actually 0F , so change it to 0A (1 sec) or 05 (0.5 sec)

But this topic has been discussed/covered in http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771552 and other threads.

Also note that some of the coding (like HBA without installing the stalk) will generate faults the dealer will see when they plug in the diagnostics. To not have them waste their time troubleshooting you may want to give them a heads up.
The master list on google docs is a definite must read for anyone that's going to code. I would recommend reading that before mine as it's kept updated and has a lot of information on it.
Most likely you will find that the list I made up for myself has everything you want to code and is easier to read.. I made it up for the sole purpose of printing it to bring in the car along with my coding laptop.
      05-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

jmh thanks for the link to your list. I have seen it before. It's more like a master list for coding the F10 series in general. It's a great list though as I used it myself.

The spreadsheet I posted was just something I made up for myself to make coding my car faster and easier. I made up my list from the master list hosted on google docs, but mine only has what works specifically for the F10 M5 (so it's much shorter), and has all of the features that I wanted to code as well as what modules they are located in.

The master list was too long and difficult to read after printed out. You also have to kind of sift through it to find the most popular codes and the codes that fully work on the M5. That's basically why I made my own. Was not planning to share it, but if others find it useful like I did then all the better.

One thing that's important to note is that people over on BimmerFest are always poking around the M5 modules to find new features to code. When they do they post a new thread and usually the master list on google docs is kept updated. The spreadsheet I posted is just an easy to read cheat sheet, so it won't be kept updated to any future code findings that might be uncovered and learned.
      05-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

FYI: I was having issues with mirror fold upon lock not working. I took a closer look and it turns out the settings for 2/4 values kept reverting back. I tried something I thought would not work, and what do you know it ended up working. The two that were problematic were the two values that are for comfort access and key fob.

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA
Set To: "aktiv" "werte 00"
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB

And then don't forget the other two.. the value that is required and does nothing on its own and the value that is optional to change and decides how fast the mirrors fold. 05 is for 0.5sec. 0A is for 1.0sec. 0F is for 1.5sec.
ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLISSEN
Set To: "aktiv" "werte 01"
KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN
Set To: "werte 05"
      11-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
FYI: I was having issues with mirror fold upon lock not working. I took a closer look and it turns out the settings for 2/4 values kept reverting back. I tried something I thought would not work, and what do you know it ended up working. The two that were problematic were the two values that are for comfort access and key fob.

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB

And then don't forget the other two.. the value that is required and does nothing on its own and the value that is optional to change and decides how fast the mirrors fold. 05 is for 0.5sec. 0A is for 1.0sec. 0F is for 1.5sec.
ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLISSEN
Set To: "aktiv" "werte 01"
KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN
Set To: "werte 05"
Normally one only changes the drop-down function value OR edits the Werte value. Not both.