BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #23
BIMMERMANM5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C320 View Post
That would be my advice too, reverse camera is an easier and cheaper retrofit and probably more useful than surround view. The remaining money would be definitely be much wisely spent on a warranty. I wouldn't want to run any modern M car without the BMW warranty.

I have surround view on the X6 M and whilst it's a cool function, the reverse camera is the most useful part of it.
What is the x6 M like to drive? it has the same s63 engine right? I like the look of these and been looking at these. The 4 wheel drive nature and the high driving position is tempting over an M5. But the price of these, decent F10 M5 25K but 40k for an X6. But it is a bigger and a premium car from what i understand.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #24
C320
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo S, X5 40i, XC90 T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERMANM5 View Post
What is the x6 M like to drive? it has the same s63 engine right? I like the look of these and been looking at these. The 4 wheel drive nature and the high driving position is tempting over an M5. But the price of these, decent F10 M5 25K but 40k for an X6. But it is a bigger and a premium car from what i understand.
It's a beast, yes it has the S63 but they are 575hp (like the M5 CP). It's a huge car (the looks aren't to everyones liking) but in my view they are a great used buy - standard spec levels are decent and the standard leather dash does make it feel more premium. Although the new X6 is imminent, I felt the F86 felt fresher looking than the F10 M5.
Appreciate 0