M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-13-2019, 11:30 PM   #4753
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Do you even need to ask? LOL.

You have to remember one thing, women are irrational. Period.
You'd be crazy too if you had a wound that never healed.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:19 AM   #4754
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It's been probably 25 years since I read the most important book in my life, but it still crosses into my frontal cortex when having an issue with my wife

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
      11-14-2019, 06:08 AM   #4755
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
15 years is a lot when i didn't even feel a connection the night we met lol, just didn't feel the need to even ask for a second date

honestly, I don't know. Maybe that's why "it never really works out" but honest to god i never thought of that, ive been on the "i'll go on dates to see what's what but if something good comes along the way i'll take it" train

I'll have to reflect and get back to you on this man

I also have been considering the potential aspect of me looking for someone when I myself not really am in that position. Think of like a 300lb obese guy chasing after gym bunnies. That does mean I have to dig deep and I don't really even know where to start with that lol

I really don't know, you asked a pretty good question

This one is hard. When I started dating again....I had the mentality that it's all about me. Of course I wanted the other person to enjoy themselves as well, but all I knew was I wanted to have fun and had no intention of ever getting involved again.

It lasted 7 years. But it was when I least expected it did I meet my wife.
King Rudi13152.00
      11-14-2019, 06:13 AM   #4756
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
honestly, I don't know. Maybe that's why "it never really works out" but honest to god i never thought of that, ive been on the "i'll go on dates to see what's what but if something good comes along the way i'll take it" train

I'll have to reflect and get back to you on this man

I also have been considering the potential aspect of me looking for someone when I myself not really am in that position. Think of like a 300lb obese guy chasing after gym bunnies. That does mean I have to dig deep and I don't really even know where to start with that lol

I really don't know, you asked a pretty good question
Yeah I was just curious man. Never know what to say when you post that it didn't work out because most time it doesn't really seem to bother you anyway. So in my head I just think well who gives a shit he'll go on another date in like three days hahaha. If you go out there with lower expectations of finding someone who you're really hoping to find a connection with you'll prolly have a better time!
Appreciate 3
      11-14-2019, 07:01 AM   #4757
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Yeah I was just curious man. Never know what to say when you post that it didn't work out because most time it doesn't really seem to bother you anyway. So in my head I just think well who gives a shit he'll go on another date in like three days hahaha. If you go out there with lower expectations of finding someone who you're really hoping to find a connection with you'll prolly have a better time!
This. Putting too much pressure on yourself will pretty much eliminate any chance of letting someone in and connecting with them. It's impossible to really get to know someone after only a few hours. Usually first dates are just to decide whether the person should be avoided (not attracted to them, they are psycho, etc) or if you want to see them again. I think online dating is a huge disadvantage to society in this sense, because it allows you to form an opinion/perception of someone before you even meet them. Many people seem way more attractive in their pictures than in real life, and on the contrary some people are a lot more attractive in person because of their personality. Like any guy, a cute girl will catch my eye but a flirty, sexy, and playful personality is what really draws me in.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      11-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #4758
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This. Putting too much pressure on yourself will pretty much eliminate any chance of letting someone in and connecting with them. It's impossible to really get to know someone after only a few hours. Usually first dates are just to decide whether the person should be avoided (not attracted to them, they are psycho, etc) or if you want to see them again. I think online dating is a huge disadvantage to society in this sense, because it allows you to form an opinion/perception of someone before you even meet them. Many people seem way more attractive in their pictures than in real life, and on the contrary some people are a lot more attractive in person because of their personality. Like any guy, a cute girl will catch my eye but a flirty, sexy, and playful personality is what really draws me in.
& who knows, even if they are not relationship material, you still might get laid.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #4759
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Now_Rudi cmyx6go MKSixer Joekerr Rmtt @jp10 @ctinline-six and other friends who i forgot to tag

quick and easy Italian dinner options to make at home please? I'm thinking alfredo pasta and salmon because both are easy to make but am open to suggestions
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      11-18-2019, 10:22 PM   #4760
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Now_Rudi cmyx6go MKSixer Joekerr Rmtt @jp10 @ctinline-six and other friends who i forgot to tag

quick and easy Italian dinner options to make at home please? I'm thinking alfredo pasta and salmon because both are easy to make but am open to suggestions
Pizza. Delivered.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
upstatedoc7555.50
MKSixer34171.50
      11-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #4761
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:

If its a date, she would probably appreciate salmon or chicken on alfredo pasta. Side of something green.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907384.50
      11-19-2019, 12:54 AM   #4762
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:

Unless you know she likes salmon, I'd go with chicken.

For a totally different approach..... how about some tricolor tortellini. Pick the stuffing that you think she might like most. Perhaps even a couple different flavors and let her pick.

And as you said, a nice green salad.

Most important, stop by your local place that has the best Tiramisu for after dinner.
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #4763
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:

Like others said, I'd go with chicken, marinated in Italian dressing if you have time. I also used to add some sun-dried tomatoes and a little bit of broccoli to the alfredo sauce to give it a little color.
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2019, 05:54 AM   #4764
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

Well since I'm of Italian descent...I couldn't sit this one out.

Chicken Marsala. It's a quick dish that can be as easy or complex as you want to make it. Look at all the options online.

Even if she's not Italian...I'm sure she would enjoy it.

I always stayed away from fish with anyone until I had actually seen them order it when out...after that I knew it would be okay.
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907384.50
      11-19-2019, 06:17 AM   #4765
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Well since I'm of Italian descent...I couldn't sit this one out.

Chicken Marsala. It's a quick dish that can be as easy or complex as you want to make it. Look at all the options online.

Even if she's not Italian...I'm sure she would enjoy it.

I always stayed away from fish with anyone until I had actually seen them order it when out...after that I knew it would be okay.
I think I agree here. I was trying to think of something easy. I would not do the Alfredo.

Another easy option is Chicken Milanese - also known as fried chicken cutlets with a nice salad with some shaved parm and a lemon olive oil dressing. And fresh garlic bread is really easy.
      11-19-2019, 07:23 AM   #4766
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

I'm sitting this one out man. I'm a fan of Italian food, but it is most likely the type of food I eat least of. Every now and again I crave it, but not often haha. Agree w/ the other comments regarding the salmon. It's easy to mess up, not difficult by any means but when I first prepared it I botched it a few times. You have to consider the aroma in the place if it's for a date. Don't want that joint smelling fishy! Chicks love a classic chicken Parmesan though. Easy to make just throw some pasta underneath, doctor up that sauce and you're good to go!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #4767
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

A tombstone pizza sprinkled with roofies.

I kid.

I typically kept a handful of meals in my arsenal for quick and easy dinners. None of which are Italian (aside from the marinade) but I'll share anyway.

1. Chicken marinated in Italian dressing. I usually marinate the chicken for at least 24 hours, so this requires some prepping. For sides, I usually go with a fresh salad, some rice, and garlic bread. Kick on the grill Med-Hi heat, once the temp is above 375 but not over 450, 4 minutes each side and it should be perfect. I still cook this a few times a month for myself.

2. Grilled filet mignon or New York Strip. Super easy. Set the meat out and let it get room temp. Add generous Kosher salt and ground black pepper to each side of the steak. Kick on the grill (I use gas for ease, I'm a bachelor; not a professional chef - the fact that I'm cooking for them and they aren't getting McDonald's already puts me over the top.) high heat. Once the grill is to temp, seer for 2 minutes on high heat, then lower the heat to Med-Hi and rotate (not flip) 45 degrees (this makes nice even black lines); cook for 3 minutes and flip. Keep the heat the same and after 2 minutes rotate 45 degrees. At this temperature, another minute will be rare, another minute will be medium rare, another minute will be medium......if she wants it cooked beyond medium; kick her ass out and eat it your damn self and be glad she is gone. She would have most likely covered it in ketchup anyway.

3. If you want to get her involved - this is only for girlfriend material. I have only actually cooked with 4 women my entire life - 2 were wives, one is a really close friend and the other is the current girlfriend of 3 years. Marinade chicken in Italian dressing. Marinade steak in either Alegro (if you don't know, just go get some - everything is delicious in this shit - burgers, steaks, chicken, pork, etc.) or sometimes I mix a combination of Worcestershire sauce, Soy sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, and a 20 oz. bottle of coke. Cut up red/green peppers and onions into 2" X 2" squares, the meat also needs to be in 2" X 2" squares for uniformity - style points....she'll notice. Throw all the peppers and onions into a bowl, add olive oil, then add kosher salt and ground black pepper. Either have metal skewer sticks or make sure you soak some bamboo sticks in water at least an hour or so before they make it to the grill. Once everything is marinated and ready to go, skewer that shit up. Fire up the grill. I recommend doing separate skewers for just chicken and just steak. This way if she likes her steak less or more cooked than the chicken, you don't end up with dry ass chicken. This is the meal you throw at them when you want them to follow you around like a lost puppy. Sides: rice, salad and garlic bread is always a staple.

Play on young pickle and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by King Rudi; 11-19-2019 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15573.50
Rmtt8206.00
      11-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #4768
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Pizza. Delivered.
With a hole cut in the bottom of the box...

Cooking something for her will definitely earn you some points though.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
      11-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #4769
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
With a hole cut in the bottom of the box...

Cooking something for her will definitely earn you some points though.
hmmmm.....seems like I have seen this somewhere before.

From what I remember, it seemed to work really well.....like, really well for those gentlemen. The ol' sausage pizza.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #4770
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

While I like Italian food well enough, I strangely don't make a ton at home. What about some breaded veal (just some flour, egg, and bread crumbs after you beat your meat (pun intended)), quick fry and serve with some lemon juice and salt? Sides of roast potato and veggie of your choice.

Btw, easiest and delicious roast potatoes are those baby / minature potatoes - just cut each in bite size pieces (about three to four pieces depending on size), put them in a bowl and toss with some olive oil, and reasonably liberal amounts of kosher salt and dried rosemary. Spread on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 425 F. It might be 400F, can't remember, but they are fricking delicious. Check em, once they have a bit of a crust, they are good to come out.

Good luck!
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15573.50
King Rudi13152.00
      11-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #4771
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Shrimp a'la vodka. (Prep time 10 minutes. Cooking time 30 minutes.)

Pan sear shrimp in olive oil.
Add cracked red pepper to taste and flash with vodka.

In a separate pan sautee chopped mushrooms, shallots, red onions. When completely soft, VERY SLOWLY pour in heavy whipping cream and let simmer until nice and buttery in flavor. (You will not need to add butter...the creme will release the flavor from cooking.)

Add the shrimp to the sauce. Pour over pasta. I recommend Fettuccine.

Enjoy with 2016 or 2017 Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay.

Tiramisu for dessert with a nice port.

Prepare for copious amounts of hot sex.

You're welcome.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 11-19-2019 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Added prep and cooking times.
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7926.00
King Rudi13152.00
      11-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #4772
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I'm Italian & great cook & it's even a hobby of mine. I got no tag? Huge fail.

If you have cooking ability, make chicken parm. Use fresh basil & fresh mozzarella!!!! Double bonus if you make your own sauce. I have a good recipe at home for the sauce
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
nyalpine907384.50
King Rudi13152.00
      11-19-2019, 09:45 AM   #4773
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Shrimp a'la vodka.

Pan sear shrimp in olive oil.
Add cracked red pepper to taste and flash with vodka.

In a separate pan sautee chopped mushrooms, shallots, red onions. When completely soft, VERY SLOWLY pour in heavy whipping cream and let simmer until nice and buttery in flavor. (You will not need to add butter...the creme will release the flavor from cooking.)

Add the shrimp to the sauce. Pour over pasta. I recommend Fettuccine.

Enjoy with 2016 or 2017 Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay.

Tiramisu for dessert with a nice port.

Prepare for copious amounts of hot sex.

You're welcome.
MMMMMMM shrimp. Shrimp scampi + drink vodka while making it = winning!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      11-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #4774
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I'm Italian & great cook & it's even a hobby of mine. I got no tag? Huge fail.

If you have cooking ability, make chicken parm. Use fresh basil & fresh mozzarella!!!! Double bonus if you make your own sauce. I have a good recipe at home for the sauce
do you freeze the sauce as well , leftover?
Appreciate 0