M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

10-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
WickedBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Transmission Cooling Kit

Has anyone on this forum ever had any issues related with SSPís transmission cooling system? Two days ago, I had drivetrain malfunction and according to BMW dealership an extra line is causing transmission failure. Dealership didnít specify whether an extra fluid line, or power line thatís causing this problem, but they are certain thatís what it is. Please advise. Thanks
M Performance Electronic Steering Wheel//SprintBooster V3//Charcoal Filter Delete//K&N//AMS HFC//KW HAS//Magnaflow//Macht Schnell//Dinan Sway Bars//Dinan Tension Strut Ball Kit//DSS Axles//DSS Driveshaft//Spoon Ridged Collors//Fabricated OEM Diff Mount//
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
TheHouseWon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

What did SSP say?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
WickedBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
What did SSP say?
I havenít talk to Kris yet. Wanted to see if any members have any issues with this kit
M Performance Electronic Steering Wheel//SprintBooster V3//Charcoal Filter Delete//K&N//AMS HFC//KW HAS//Magnaflow//Macht Schnell//Dinan Sway Bars//Dinan Tension Strut Ball Kit//DSS Axles//DSS Driveshaft//Spoon Ridged Collors//Fabricated OEM Diff Mount//
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

Thus far no issues from me. However, the dealer will focus on any aftermarket part as the reason.

Don't see any issues with the extra fluid as long as it's clean and everything was installed correctly.

I assume you have the whole cooling kit? Where do you have the switch for the fan? I would investigate the install for that
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 01:52 AM   #5
WickedBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMORGSM5 View Post
Thus far no issues from me. However, the dealer will focus on any aftermarket part as the reason.

Don't see any issues with the extra fluid as long as it's clean and everything was installed correctly.

I assume you have the whole cooling kit? Where do you have the switch for the fan? I would investigate the install for that
It was installed by an approved shop, and I have not used my cooling system since install. BMW tech was able to read out the codes, but every time he clears it and attempts to start TCU adoption the codes would pop back up again during the process with an error message ďclear codes before beginning flashingĒ, or something like that. For now they are trying to figure out what causing this issue of not able to initiate adoption process.
Attached Images

Last edited by WickedBMW; 10-14-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Appreciate 0