M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

07-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Arrow Velos Designwerks | Stage 1 Performance Software for F10 M5 & F12 M6 Now Available *

Hello Members,

Been going back and forth with the F10 M5 and F12 M6 for a few months now and we are proud to release our stage 1 software. Right now it is not available remotely but we can arrange to have it done in your city. Remote options are in the works.

We have spent a good amount of time on this platform (ie the S63 from the X5M / X6M) and we are excited about bringing this over to the S63Tu platform found in the M5 & M6 models. Gains are on par with what we offered for the S63 clients for a Stage 1. Here are a few reviews on our software for that platform. The power increases in the mid range are indeed a night and day difference make the driving experience that more enjoyable. We focus on the mid range due to the fact that the majority of your time is spent in that RPM range and also allows us to reduce the boost levels towards rev line to keep stress on turbos to a minimum. All safety parameters are kept in place.

Please feel free to email, PM, or call us with any other questions or concerns. All South Florida clients (and others) that have not already contacted us please do so for introductory pricing.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=130 , http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806591 (feel free to head to XBimmers for much more).

We will have an updated video, etc in the next week or so. Below you will find a video we did of one of the first cars we began testing a year or so ago.

Improvements:

Improve Throttle Response
Increased Boost Levels
Refined Drivability
Increased Gains in Mid Range (Where majority of time is spent driving)

Dyno: To the wheels (93 Octane)

Peak Gains:
HP: 66 RWHP @ 4750 rpm
TQ: 74 (to the wheels and SAE Corrected) @4750 rpm

Approx 80 HP
Approx 90 lb ft of torque

Dyno chart in SAE

Dyno Conditions

Video

Best Regards,
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Annnnnd another tune that does not remove the Top Speed Limiter or Remove the Check Engine Light from Catless Downpipes (sarcasm).

Sorry to be sarcastic, but how come nobody can give us we(I) really want? What good is more power and torque if we can't really use it past 160mph(indicated)?

Also I'd be glad to shoot another video to validate authentic gains from the Velos Tune just I like I did with the Switzer Tune if anybody wants to put it on their M5/M6 here in SoCal.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Switzer Tune and if the Velos Tune achieves the same results then that would be awesome, but it's just not my cup of tea. I, like others, are still waiting for a tune that can take down a GT-R all the way to 200mph. Otherwise the Velos numbers look good on paper. Groovey music in the video though!

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Annnnnd another tune that does not remove the Top Speed Limiter or Remove the Check Engine Light from Catless Downpipes (sarcasm).

Sorry to be sarcastic, but how come nobody can give us we(I) really want? What good is more power and torque if we can't really use it past 160mph(indicated)?

Also I'd be glad to shoot another video to validate authentic gains from the Velos Tune just I like I did with the Switzer Tune if anybody wants to put it on their M5/M6 here in SoCal.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Switzer Tune and if the Velos Tune achieves the same results then that would be awesome, but it's just not my cup of tea. I, like others, are still waiting for a tune that can take down a GT-R all the way to 200mph. Otherwise the Velos numbers look good on paper. Groovey music in the video though!

I think you and I and few choice others are in the minority that actually stretch our cars' legs past 160 mph. For most buyers of the tune they want usable hp and tq gains in the sweet spot rpms which are south of 160 mph.

The maps are not broken yet so the speed limiters remain ... for now.

Im assuming this is a resistor tune??
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks and we enjoy videos and believe in them as well so I will make sure these goes go the extra mile for you. Regarding this or any of our other tunes we are always working on something new so we will keep you all posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I think you and I and few choice others are in the minority that actually stretch our cars' legs past 160 mph. For most buyers of the tune they want usable hp and tq gains in the sweet spot rpms which are south of 160 mph.

The maps are not broken yet so the speed limiters remain ... for now.

Im assuming this is a resistor tune??
Hey Vic,

Thanks for your input and being on this end I agree with you. No no resistor, process is done through OBD2 port with no additional hardware (including resistors) required. As you all know the method of communicating with these vehicles is difficult but we look forward to what the future has in store.

B/R,
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Omar, did you use to work at AA?

I am also very interested in the tune, but it needs to account for catless dp's.

Dave,
Have you taken your car for service with the CEL on?
      07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Dave,
Yup, no problems from the dealer, BIG ASS CEL and everything on the dash. That's because it's not about what you've done to your car, but who you know and how you treat them.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Yup, no problems from the dealer, BIG ASS CEL and everything on the dash. That's because it's not about what you've done to your car, but who you know and how you treat them.

slip the Benjie- call it a day
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #9
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:

slip the Benjie- call it a day
So true
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Omar, did you use to work at AA?

I am also very interested in the tune, but it needs to account for catless dp's.

Dave,
Hi,

Yes I did and that is in the works. PM with any other questions or concerns. What Dave said is also correct.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep

New York M5 Owners: We will be in the area this Friday. PM or call if you are interested.
Appreciate 0