BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

H&R Alignment Question

Hey guys just a quick question here I'm hoping some of you can help me with.

Recently had my M3 lowered on H&R sport springs, and the car was pulling to the right. Took my BMW last week to the dealer and had them perform a factory alignment to factory specs. Now the car is driving better but still on highway slightly pulling to the right.

Any idea what could be causing this? Or do any of you have alignment sheet after putting springs on the vehicle, or stuck to factory alignment specs?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks again
      11-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
smedin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 6MT

I just had the exact same procedure done, with alignment, and it drives perfectly. So although I can't tell you what the problem is (sorry), I can tell you that there is a problem. Bring it back, and have them keep digging.
      11-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

I would check tire pressure too. That normally makes my car pull to one side slightly.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
Wei718
Major
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

You can try swapping front wheels left to right and see if there's any changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep

Checked tire pressure and everything seemed in line. Ill try the front wheel swap when i get home this evening and report back.
      11-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
Mod///M4
Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M4 F82 Austin Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post
Hey guys just a quick question here I'm hoping some of you can help me with.

Recently had my M3 lowered on H&R sport springs, and the car was pulling to the right. Took my BMW last week to the dealer and had them perform a factory alignment to factory specs. Now the car is driving better but still on highway slightly pulling to the right.

Any idea what could be causing this? Or do any of you have alignment sheet after putting springs on the vehicle, or stuck to factory alignment specs?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks again
I have an M4 and I installed H&R Super Sport Springs and had the exact same problem as you. The car was pulling slightly to the right, I took it to the dealer and the car is driving much better after the alignment but it continued to pull slightly to the right...

I noticed that I blew the right passenger front strut during the installation process.

I asked my friend who owns a BMW shop and he told me it was due to improper installation. The bolt on top of the strut cannot be torqued beyond 32 lbs. or tightened with an impact gun because the inner sleeve spins which causes the seal to break.

That was my own fault since I installed it myself without asking first.

That's why my car was pulling to the right. Hope this helps. Check your strut and make sure it's not blown.
      11-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod///M4 View Post
I have an M4 and I installed H&R Super Sport Springs and had the exact same problem as you. The car was pulling slightly to the right, I took it to the dealer and the car is driving much better after the alignment but it continued to pull slightly to the right...

I noticed that I blew the right passenger front strut during the installation process.

I asked my friend who owns a BMW shop and he told me it was due to improper installation. The bolt on top of the strut cannot be torqued beyond 32 lbs. or tightened with an impact gun because the inner sleeve spins which causes the seal to break.

That was my own fault since I installed it myself without asking first.

That's why my car was pulling to the right. Hope this helps. Check your strut and make sure it's not blown.
To be honest I'm not very familiar with suspension. How would i check this?