BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > best xpel installer in LA area?

09-24-2017, 02:14 AM   #1
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

Question best xpel installer in LA area?

My MG M2 arrives in November and I'm decided on fully wrapping it in xpel stealth. I'm currently choosing a shop to do the wrap, and I'm only looking at xpel certified installers. My car is being delivered to a dealership in the valley, so if I can find a good xpel installer near there, I'd prefer to take it straight there from the dealer so I don't risk any rock chips when I get on the 405.

I see three closeby xpel installers: Sticker City, WrapLabs and Valley clear bra. Has anyone had experience with any of these places? Please let me know what kind of work they did.

For everyone else, where have you gotten a great wrap done in the LA area?

EDIT: Premier Auto Armor (located in Corona) claims they're the #1 xpel rated installer in CA and #2 worldwide. I'm not sure where this ranking is found, but the business does have EXCEPTIONAL yelp reviews, 30 5-star reviews, I guess it's one guy who does it all himself. I'm tempted to go here based on the reviews, but I'm worried that the 1 hour drive from the north valley to Corona could cause rock Chips. Anyone have any experience with this place? How high is the chance I get a rock chip on the drive over?

Last edited by Xtianh; 09-24-2017 at 02:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtianh View Post
but I'm worried that the 1 hour drive from the north valley to Corona could cause rock Chips. Anyone have any experience with this place? How high is the chance I get a rock chip on the drive over?
Seriously? I have 1200 miles on my car and have zero rock-chips...I would not worry about a 30 mile drive and rock chips! Watch out for debris on the 5 and don't drive behind trucks
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
It completely depends on the roads that you're going to take and also a little bit of luck
For some peace of mind, I would suggest you to get some temporary wraps like tracwrap - http://www.xpel.com/xpel-tracwrap-temporary-ppf/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
HandmadeShifts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
My MG M2 arrives in November and I'm decided on fully wrapping it in xpel stealth. I'm currently choosing a shop to do the wrap, and I'm only looking at xpel certified installers. My car is being delivered to a dealership in the valley, so if I can find a good xpel installer near there, I'd prefer to take it straight there from the dealer so I don't risk any rock chips when I get on the 405.

I see three closeby xpel installers: Sticker City, WrapLabs and Valley clear bra. Has anyone had experience with any of these places? Please let me know what kind of work they did.

EDIT: Premier Auto Armor (located in Corona) claims they're the #1 xpel rated installer in CA and #2 worldwide. I'm not sure where this ranking is found, but the business does have EXCEPTIONAL yelp reviews, 30 5-star reviews, I guess it's one guy who does it all himself. I'm tempted to go here based on the reviews, but I'm worried that the 1 hour drive from the north valley to Corona could cause rock Chips. Anyone have any experience with this place? How high is the chance I get a rock chip on the drive over?
Autoskinz at Valencia
      09-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
MineralGreyMetallic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 BGM M2 6MT

I drove my car quite a bit around LA for 3 days before getting PPF installed and I didn't find a single rock chip.

I mean, it can happen at any time, but I stayed off the freeways completely.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Say Yes to PPF

Quote:

Congratulations on the ///M2 and thank-you for choosing XPEL to protect your M Car. XPEL STEALTH certainly adds a very cool look while giving your paint the protection it needs.

As you mentioned, there are several installers in the LA area. To answer your question about Premier Auto Armor, Nik does an excellent job and took 2nd place at our annual installation competition during the XPEL Dealer Conference this year.

For the 30 mile trip there, as someone already mentioned, Tracwrap would be a good temporary solution for the drive there.

To help narrow down your search, we would suggest asking to see examples of these shops STEALTH installations. As STEALTH requires extra attention to hide all the glossy areas, it can be much more time consuming and sometimes challenging to do correctly.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Congratulations on the ///M2 and thank-you for choosing XPEL to protect your M Car. XPEL STEALTH certainly adds a very cool look while giving your paint the protection it needs.

As you mentioned, there are several installers in the LA area. To answer your question about Premier Auto Armor, Nik does an excellent job and took 2nd place at our annual installation competition during the XPEL Dealer Conference this year.

For the 30 mile trip there, as someone already mentioned, Tracwrap would be a good temporary solution for the drive there.

To help narrow down your search, we would suggest asking to see examples of these shops STEALTH installations. As STEALTH requires extra attention to hide all the glossy areas, it can be much more time consuming and sometimes challenging to do correctly.
Thanks for the info. Do you know how much a full tracwrap installation costs? In the alternative, couldn't I just tow the car for a couple hundred bucks? I can't imagine it getting chips on the back of a truck...?
      09-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Tracwrap

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Do you know how much a full tracwrap installation costs? In the alternative, couldn't I just tow the car for a couple hundred bucks? I can't imagine it getting chips on the back of a truck...?
Happy to help. Tracwrap is a Do It Yourself film that you can install dry and just use on the super high impact areas on the drive. May take you 45min to an hour for an install on these areas. Tracwrap is available for purchase here - Tracwrap by XPEL. In fact, if it'll help and I'll offer this to ANYONE on this thread -- but if you want to order Tracwrap, I'll give you 20% off the order to help with your drive there.

You could also just trailer it there. Or...tell your dealership to take it there for you. You could also instruct your dealership to NOT remove any of the plastic wrap they put on the car when they ship it so it'll already have some protection on it on the way there.

Hope this info helps. M2's looks so good in STEALTH.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 03:48 AM   #9
K9GunSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 MG 6-Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post

Who took first? do you know if and where Rhino Custom Detailing placed if they were at the conference?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0