BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-26-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: (2018,x3,m40) 2016,x3 2009,335

Ultimate package

So I've been on the forums reading everything about steering wheels, winter tires and millions of other options.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the ultimate package. Is it a cost savings ? Does it offer everything like the name says? Anyone else get it and why?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
As far as I can tell, it is only offered in Canada. Once you have it, there is not much else to pick - as the name suggests. But then again, BMW Canada's marketing department has had more than a few false starts on this launch.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
lucasxu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaz View Post
So I've been on the forums reading everything about steering wheels, winter tires and millions of other options.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the ultimate package. Is it a cost savings ? Does it offer everything like the name says? Anyone else get it and why?
I ordered the ultimate pkg, so what is your concerned?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I never checked if it was available in the US or others. I guess that's why it wasn't popular on the forums
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #5
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasxu View Post
Just wondering why no one has mentioned it. Seems like it would be a popular package.

I also got it. 3 weeks till delivery
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #6
lucasxu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Just wondering why no one has mentioned it. Seems like it would be a popular package.

I also got it. 3 weeks till delivery
That's fast, mine is still in inspection I think prob will delivery next 2 weeks
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #7
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's fast, mine is still in inspection I think prob will delivery next 2 weeks
I have no clue if the delivery date I was told would hold up. The dealer said mid December

Did you pick any other options after the ultimate?
I wanted the car fully loaded but it was hard to see if I missed anything by going ultimate
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
lucasxu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I have no clue if the delivery date I was told would hold up. The dealer said mid December

Did you pick any other options after the ultimate?
I wanted the car fully loaded but it was hard to see if I missed anything by going ultimate
Actually the ultimate pkg which is the fully loaded, if you want more then I think probably smoke pkg?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

I got the Ultimate Package also. You save about $1500 to get it fully loaded compared to getting all the options separately. It includes all options except the Trailer Hitch, Ski Bag and Smoking Package.

Strange bug still found on the Canadian configurator, when choosing the Ultimate Package it also adds the Premium Essential Package which adds $4900 to your total despite all the options are already included in the Ultimate Package.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 07:04 AM   #10
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmusic View Post
I got the Ultimate Package also. You save about $1500 to get it fully loaded compared to getting all the options separately. It includes all options except the Trailer Hitch, Ski Bag and Smoking Package.

Strange bug still found on the Canadian configurator, when choosing the Ultimate Package it also adds the Premium Essential Package which adds $4900 to your total despite all the options are already included in the Ultimate Package.
Apparently that is another "gift" from the geniuses at BMW Canada.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 07:25 AM   #11
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

This was super annoying,

When i went to the dealer after configuring online, I couldn't figure out why our numbers didn't add up. I was worried some items would be missing.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #12
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

The initial ordering guide is also different from the actual ordering guide now. A Apart from the M Steering being removed the Ultimate Package now includes the Wireless Charging w/Extended Bluetooth and USB which was an extra $350 option on first order guide.

I also had to make sure everything was included e.g Advanced Real Time Traffic Information and BMW Online aren't specifically indicated in the Ultimate Package but it's part of the BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional

Quote:
This was super annoying,

When i went to the dealer after configuring online, I couldn't figure out why our numbers didn't add up. I was worried some items would be missing.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
BMWX3DRIVER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
The initial ordering guide is also different from the actual ordering guide now. A Apart from the M Steering being removed the Ultimate Package now includes the Wireless Charging w/Extended Bluetooth and USB which was an extra $350 option on first order guide.

I also had to make sure everything was included e.g Advanced Real Time Traffic Information and BMW Online aren't specifically indicated in the Ultimate Package but it's part of the BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional
As a first-time BMW buyer, BMW website is not as informative as other manufacturer's websites.

1) It still does not show the full specs and the full list of all features.
e.g. Do I have USB port? How many? What is enhanced Bluetooth?
2) I still wonder how Connected Drive is configured.
Premium Package Essential includes navigation, BMW apps, and real-time traffic. Dealer also confirmed remote access from phone app is included.
Yet, in 'Options' page, if I want to add Connected Drive package, I require Premium Package Enhanced at minimum...what exactly am I missing by going with Premium Package Essential, then?
3) Still no info on X3 winter tire package.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I guess your rep isn't aware that the BMW connected app isn't available on the Canadian App Store. If you make a US account you can download it but will it accept a Canadian car?

Is anyone using the US only connect app with a Canadian car?

These are the X3 Canadian winter tire options
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX3DRIVER View Post
Quote:

As a first-time BMW buyer, BMW website is not as informative as other manufacturer's websites.

1) It still does not show the full specs and the full list of all features.
e.g. Do I have USB port? How many? What is enhanced Bluetooth?
2) I still wonder how Connected Drive is configured.
Premium Package Essential includes navigation, BMW apps, and real-time traffic. Dealer also confirmed remote access from phone app is included.
Yet, in 'Options' page, if I want to add Connected Drive package, I require Premium Package Enhanced at minimum...what exactly am I missing by going with Premium Package Essential, then?
3) Still no info on X3 winter tire package.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #15
BMWX3DRIVER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
I guess your rep isn't aware that the BMW connected app isn't available on the Canadian App Store. If you make a US account you can download it but will it accept a Canadian car?

Is anyone using the US only connect app with a Canadian car?

These are the X3 Canadian winter tire options
[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks, meanmusic.
Yes, I was able to obtain BMW official winter package for X3 on this forum.
But if you go to BMW Canada Winter Package Configurator website, it still shows second generation X3 only.
https://www.bmw.ca/en/ssl/Winter-Tir...NhbGVzLmNhL2Vu

Edit: I think that spec for 18" may be wrong.
I searched by the product number, and all results say 7 x 18, not 7.5 x 18.

Last edited by BMWX3DRIVER; 11-27-2017 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #16
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
I just checked on the BMW Connected App. It seems that the current version in the US and German stores is 7.0.1 In Canada it is stuck at 2.5.2
Appreciate 0