BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
maRRty75
Rep
Drives: iX3

Exterior Blue Accents

Hi all, I'm trying to find out if iX3 M Sport and/or M Sport Pro models are still being built with the blue exterior accents (rear diffuser, side, front grille etc.). Does anyone know?

I know you can deselect these in the configurator and change them to frozen grey but I'm told by my lease company that I'm currently unable to configure a vehicle if I want it delivered any time soon (i.e. this year).

I'm interested in a vehicle in carbon black or sophisto grey but I just don't like the look of the blue accents.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

I got carbon black from my lease company, I didn’t get to choose the removal of the blue accents but luckily they were removed already although I was never sure until delivery day.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:46 AM   #3
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

Do you have “ 3DE Model Specific Design Elements” on the spec sheet as it’s been mentioned in other threads that this might be the blue deletion.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
maRRty75
Rep
Drives: iX3

Thanks for responding, it's good to hear yours came without the blue accents. I haven't ordered you so don't have a spec sheet.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 02:24 PM   #5
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Only place mine has the blue accents is on the screens.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 02:46 PM   #6
Lazy Lee
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Exec, BMW i3s Exec

Have a Carbon Black one (pre-LCI) and specced it with the blue accents. Blue accents are still available on LCI as well. They are however a bit more 'in your face', especially on the nose.

Very happy with the looks on mine, especially since the Carbon Black has a bluish hue to it. Makes it fit together very well.
I didn't choose the grey accents as I thought the car looks a bit bland with those. However, this is of course a very personal opinion; to each their own, as long as we all enjoy our great cars!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 12:29 PM   #7
that_dude
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro (on order)

There’s an Aussie channel on youtube that posted a review yesterday and it said the blue accents are options (in Oz).

The guy also said they look great with the blue hue ot the carbon black paint in the sun.
Appreciate 0