BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Couple personal pics of the E82 from IAA 2007

Went to the show and must say I've never been to anything like that ever before. That was/is a huge car show. The big problem though was there were so many people, impossible to get good shots. Tooks lots of pics and videos and lots of the E82. What can I say about the E82??? Of course like most bmw's it looks even better in person. The size is just right for me. It's not too small at all, but definitely is a compact car. Ingrees/egress is good, seating position and layout is classic bmw. I personally don't like the sedona red (very bronzy & orangy and really not that much red ), but the sapphire black (123d at the show) is very nice, especially with that coral red interior. Thats a head turning combo for sure.

The exhaust tips on the 135i are beautiful. Not sure what the material is, but very nice. My limited time rowing through the gears, its again what you'd expect, a bit too long, and a bit knotchy and unfortunately not weighted. Neither car at the show had the M interior bits, but the sport steering wheel feels nice and chunky. The sport seats are great (although nothing topped those in the S5 for all cars I sat in, those puppies just hug you so tightly when you sit in them and the leather is spectacular). Both cars (123 and 135) seem to have great braking systems, although the 135's looks to be superior. The trunk is more than adequate space wise with split fold down rear seats. Both cars attracted a lot of attention, and I'd say pretty equally from both women and men. Well enough talking, enjoy the pics. Intentionally not posting pics of angles things everyone has already seen a million times.

USB and Audio Input under the center armrest

Front stage

Here's a look at what the legroom looks like

Trunk

Under the trunk mat

Exhaust tips 135

Detail of the base 135i rim and brakes

Nice shot of the rear end

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
blackjoker
Fonzie Up
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus View Post
Detail of the base 135i rim and brakes

Nice shot of the rear end

Haha, nice...err...rear end. And boo to the bridgestone run-flats on the 135i. Maybe they'll offer us a performance summer tire option in the US :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

thanks man!

looking good!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Crimson red it is then!! ; -)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjoker View Post
Haha, nice...err...rear end. And boo to the bridgestone run-flats on the 135i. Maybe they'll offer us a performance summer tire option in the US :thumbup:
well anything is better than continentals. but unless they start giving us the air pump fixaflat stuff that comes with the M cars I'm sure were stuck with run flats. Mine will be changed as soon as possible after taking deliver of the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
slyx620
Rep
Drives: Honda Prelude

nice legroom shot, just wondering was the front seat moved to the full front position or was it adjusted so the front passenger was comfortable?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
imported_tdc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Very nice! Thanks for the shots!
      09-17-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Nice pics, hadn't seen the Ipod jack yet.:w00t:
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 03:26 AM   #9
krassanova
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the pix, they were great. I loved the rear end
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #10
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyx620 View Post
nice legroom shot, just wondering was the front seat moved to the full front position or was it adjusted so the front passenger was comfortable?

Hard to really say, but both people (2 average height women) seemed to fit in pretty comfortably. Thing I quickly noticed watching so many people getting in and out, its EASY to get in and out of the 1er. I remember watching a pretty big guy trying to get out of a F430 there, oh man that was comical. I should have taped it now that I think about it. He worked up a sweat trying to get out and literally took him over a minute to get out.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #11
THellURider
Private
Rep
Drives:

So will an Apple Ipod cord plugged into the USB port both power the ipod and direct music to the stereo? Steering wheel mounted controls will continue to work?
Appreciate 0