BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds

Mporium BMW

11-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

FS: Canon Vixia HF-S100 digital camcorder + wide adapter

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Price for camera+wide angle adapter: $600 shipped CONUS.

I am selling my HF S100 camcorder. I purchased it in early 2009 for over $1,200 after taxes, etc. I'm selling because I am moving up to a Canon 5D Mark II DSLR.

The HF-S100 is very small, very light, has outstanding image quality and image stabilization. It uses an 8 megapixel CMOS sensor, which means low noise and good sensitivity in low light. It has a built in 10x optical zoom and a wide open aperture of f1.8.

The camera records video in the following framerates:

1080i60
1080p30
1080p24

The quality in 24p mode has a great "film like" look to it.

The camera also takes 8 megapixel still photos, so it can do double duty as a camcorder and a digital still camera.

It has HDMI out, so you can plug it directly into an HDMI port on your TV. It also has component out and USB out for data transfer.

The only negative thing I have to say about this camera is that it is NOT ideal for in car filming. The image stabilizer is motorized and the vibrations of being in a car cause it to distort the video image. This happens even if you disable stabilization. So if you're looking for an in-car camera, I would not recommend this one. But it is fantastic for all other uses.

I am also including a 0.66 wide angle adapter that I would say is a "must have" accessory as it really makes a difference when filming things like car shows, where you're in close proximity to other people and need to fit an entire car into the frame. This particular wide adapter came highly recommended from some amateur filmmakers who went through several different adapters before finding one that met their needs, it cost around $120. I am also including a universal lens hood, which helps minimize flare in brightly lit conditions.

As of today, the best price I've seen online for this camera is $750 new. I am asking $600 for my camera plus the wide adapter, which includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS. I am selling them as a package only. Included is the camera, wide angle adapter, charger, original box and manuals and misc. cables. No memory cards were included and I need the ones I bought for other purposes.

These are some videos I made using this camera, cut in Final Cut Studio 2:

Here are some photos of the camera to show it's in great condition:

Appreciate 0