Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > POLL: Which wheel (can't decide),..Opinions needed (PS pics included)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

View Poll Results: Which wheel for 335 Convertible?
CALIFORNIA - 20" and Fender rolling 1 6.25%
SCUDETRIA - 19" and NO Fender rolling 13 81.25%
SCUDETRIA - 20" and Fender rolling 3 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

04-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

POLL: Which wheel (can't decide),..Opinions needed (PS pics included)

I have finally worn out my stock tires at 40,000 miles and want to replace wheels and tires. I have been given a gift certificate for any Giovanna wheels I want. I have narrowed it down to 2 styles and color choices but I cannot decide. Because these are not typical wheels for a BMW I cannot find pics of them on any 3 series. I can not decide between these 2 choices. Input is needed... The first one is called "CALIFORNIA" and is a 5 spoke wheel that is ONLY available as 20" or larger so I would need to roll the fenders. The second one is called "SCUDETRIA" and 19" or 20" available. Question is which wheel and IF SCUDETRIA is the choice should I do 19 or 20 inches?? These are both 3 piece FORGED wheels usually found on highend cars like Ferraris, Aston Martins, & Lambos. Thanks for input. Pics are Photoshoped as best as I could do.

CALIFORNIA is on top & SCUDETRIA in on bottom.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep

BUMP for votes...People loking but no one voting. Opinions please.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Out of the two I prefer the SCUDETRIA, but chrome is a bit too bright for my taste. Do they offer any other colours?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Not really feelin either one of those styles - but that's just my opinion...

If it was me, and the roads I traveled were mostly in great shape, I would still go for a 19" wheel with no fender rolling. Less trouble/expense and at some point larger wheels don't look better (too much wheel-not enough tire).

I had to stay with 18's (still an upgrade from factory 17's) where I live due to the road quality so I have more tire 'cushion'. Not really unhappy with my choice as 19 & 20" tires are so much more expensive than the 18's.

Have the $ to buy more expensive, just don't want to spend it on tires
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for input. I have 18" already with the sport option. It it hard to see what these wheels look like in a photoshop version. I will post pics of the wheels on a real car. Also, I dont plan on chrome,...plan on brushed aluminum and black flange with chrome lip if Scudetria.

This one SCUDETRIA on Ferrari
Attached Images

Last edited by N54_Fan; 04-04-2011 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
yeah not feelin either wheel sorry
      04-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep

CALIFORNIA on Aston Martin
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
you open to other opinions?

I think these wheels are more suitable for a bmw if Giovanna is your only choice:

04-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

I think these wheels are more suitable for a bmw if Giovanna is your only choice:
SpmnE9zero ..Thanks,...I looked at those and like some of them but they are all cast wheels. The GFG is their Forged 3 piece line. The last one (5 spoke) you show is similar to the CALIFORNIA but would require fender rolling. I also like the ARUBA. Yes there are different color choices. I just thought the black with brushed edges was unique and looked cool on the Aston. I have seen it in real life with the way you have shown here. In fact they had a CALIFORNIA with brushed and black edges in a 22" for another customer so i put them up next to my car and took a pic on my cell phone. It is shown below but obviously the size would not work so you have to use your imagination. What do you think about that one?

First pic is the CALIFORNIA 22" next to my car rear wheel.

Second Pic is the CALIFORNIA in similar color scheme but better web image of it.

Third pic is the ARUBA,...The reason I didnt choose that one was the similarity to all other 3 series I have seen. What are your thoughts on that one?

I really appreciate your help as I am kinda stuck with some type of Giovanna wheels. They also may a 1 piece Forged series but figured I should go for the better 3 piece wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
B3AST
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: with a huge grin (E90)

Personally, I think all of them look quite gawdy, but different strokes for different folks. Out of all of the options listed, I would say go with the Californias (the ones that are actually next to your car, third picture up). Those look the best, I would go with no bigger than 20" though.
      04-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I agree - out of all pictured, I would go with the California's - prolly with the black rim (or gray if they have it) instead of the chrome. Chrome was in during the 70's, pretty much out now...

You WANT people to notice that you have nice rims, but a nice subtle look is better. You don't want them so flashy/gaudy as that they overpower the car and that is the only thing people see when they look at the car

One thing people overlook, is how ez the wheels are to clean. With the way the factory pads dust, my factory wheels are totally black in (2) days and they are a royal PITA to clean.

That was a deciding factor when I bought the 313 style wheels - subtle, yet nice, fairly decent dish, combo of Anthracite barrels/rims with polished spoke faces, & very EZ to clean without any tight spaces or tons of nooks and crannies to try and get brake dust out of.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AST View Post
Personally, I think all of them look quite gawdy, but different strokes for different folks. Out of all of the options listed, I would say go with the Californias (the ones that are actually next to your car, third picture up). Those look the best, I would go with no bigger than 20" though.

I agree , those look best. The ones next to your car wouldn't look bad.
      04-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
TaporSnap
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

IMHO...The second picture down is the best choice....those wheels would look sick on your M3.
Appreciate 0