Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > horrible experience at tiredistrict, need advice

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

horrible experience at tiredistrict, need advice

hey guys, so i just got my summer rims and tires put on (m6 reps). Before putting them on i needed 2 rear tires and 2 new rims because the front 2 had some curb rash, and the back tires had nails in them from work .

i headed to tire district where i had a good experience the first time around and they mounted everything and left me on my way... first id like to say that the person actually doing the work kinda looked sketchy, he swore alot and not to be mean or anything, looked like he did a lot of drugs in his time lol.

after leaving the shop i headed on the high way and my steering wheel began to shake like crazy, i pulled over, called tire district and they told me to come back. They told me they forgot to add the O ring centering ring things (w,e there called, there plastic rings) and that it should fix the problem.... and again i left and went on the highway, my wheel didnt shake as much but i could def feel there was something wrong.

i went home because i didnt want to head back again i was already running late. I cleaned my rims and found a foot scratch on my back drivers side rim, it is behind the lip so its impossible to be curb rash because the front half is perfectly fine.. i believe there employee had damaged it when trying to put on the new tire i ordered. Also i took my car to my friends shop and he took my wheels off to see what the problem was in regards to the shaking and found that both back rims are bent!!@!@ when i had changed my summers to winter rims my car was perfectly fine... so how the hell do my summers all of a sudden have a flat spot in them?

im pissed off im for sure making them pay for 1 rim which is scratched but im thinking of pushing it further because i have no clue how my rims got bent... they were perfectly fine when i took them off for winter and i kept them on my garage floor, in a box...

thoughts? what would u do?
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
BLKBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi E92

Why are people so affraid of human interaction?

You observed a scumbag working there that worried you, yet you decided to let them have your car.

You drove home with the thing still shaking instead of going back and not leaving until it was right.

You came to the internet to complain.

If you are affraid of dealing with people, maybe have your mom take it in for you?

Sounds like they took advantage of you and saw you as weak.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

+1
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBMW View Post

You observed a scumbag working there that worried you, yet you decided to let them have your car.

You drove home with the thing still shaking instead of going back and not leaving until it was right.

If you are affraid of dealing with people, maybe have your mom take it in for you?

there closed today so i thought id get others opinions in regards to the bent rims and if it is possible to scratch a rim a foot long when putting tires on, as im no expert in mounting tires. sent the owner an email because i couldnt reach him by phone so there goes your theory... hope u feel big about urself trolling
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
BLKBMW
Private
Rep

luhl scared of human interaction.

Your wheel is not gonna get fixed via the innerweb, Scooter.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
luhl scared of human interaction.

Your wheel is not gonna get fixed via the innerweb, Scooter.
perhaps i have to sound it out for u to understand little boy i simply am asking people if its possible to scratch a rim badly when mounting tires on it.. if people say its impossible then maybe i did it somehow and didnt remember. Maybe you need your mom to explain it to u, big shot.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
BLKBMW
Private
Rep

Have your mommy or daddy go with you to confont the big bad tire shop man. I'm here for you Scooter!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
hey guys, so i just got my summer rims and tires put on (m6 reps). Before putting them on i needed 2 rear tires and 2 new rims because the front 2 had some curb rash, and the back tires had nails in them from work .

i headed to tire district where i had a good experience the first time around and they mounted everything and left me on my way... first id like to say that the person actually doing the work kinda looked sketchy, he swore alot and not to be mean or anything, looked like he did a lot of drugs in his time lol.

after leaving the shop i headed on the high way and my steering wheel began to shake like crazy, i pulled over, called tire district and they told me to come back. They told me they forgot to add the O ring centering ring things (w,e there called, there plastic rings) and that it should fix the problem.... and again i left and went on the highway, my wheel didnt shake as much but i could def feel there was something wrong.

i went home because i didnt want to head back again i was already running late. I cleaned my rims and found a foot scratch on my back drivers side rim, it is behind the lip so its impossible to be curb rash because the front half is perfectly fine.. i believe there employee had damaged it when trying to put on the new tire i ordered. Also i took my car to my friends shop and he took my wheels off to see what the problem was in regards to the shaking and found that both back rims are bent!!@!@ when i had changed my summers to winter rims my car was perfectly fine... so how the hell do my summers all of a sudden have a flat spot in them?

im pissed off im for sure making them pay for 1 rim which is scratched but im thinking of pushing it further because i have no clue how my rims got bent... they were perfectly fine when i took them off for winter and i kept them on my garage floor, in a box...

thoughts? what would u do?
You didn't tell us what type of wheels but it is near impossible to bend a rim mounting a tire and two are impossible.

What is more likely that you hi a pothole somewhere along the line and bent your rims. With the new tires it may be more noticeable.

There also isn't anything on a tire mounting machine that would scratch the inside of a wheel, but it is always possible that some other tool scratched it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
You didn't tell us what type of wheels but it is near impossible to bend a rim mounting a tire and two are impossible.

What is more likely that you hi a pothole somewhere along the line and bent your rims. With the new tires it may be more noticeable.

There also isn't anything on a tire mounting machine that would scratch the inside of a wheel, but it is always possible that some other tool scratched it.
the wheels are run flats but yeah i assumed that there not responsible for the bent rims.. i am fairly sure that the scratch wasnt there before tho.. thx for ur input!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Have your mommy or daddy go with you to confont the big bad tire shop man. I'm here for you Scooter!
low IQ.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
BLKBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
low IQ.
Quote:
there closed today so i thought id get others opinions in regards to the bent rims and if it is possible to scratch a rim a foot long when putting tires on, as im no expert in mounting tires. sent the owner an email because i couldnt reach him by phone so there goes your theory... hope u feel big about urself trolling

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

You left. You need to check your stuff before you leave. They may not fix it now.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Bad situation but I would go back. I think it's a waste of time because they'll say they didn't do it, why wasn't it mentioned at the time of?

That's why I prefer to do my changeovers myself. But heck, the first time I go to replace the 050A's with PS2 ZP's, who's to say the above isn't going to happen, unless I pay $600 per corner at the dealership (the dealership can always bury their mistake or take it off another customer's car)...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Well, I can see where OP is coming from. I'm sure a lot of people aren't going to stop an employee from a fairly reputable tire shop from working on his car. Anyone can make a mistake, not just the shady looking people.

He also stated that he went home because he was already running late. If he had all the time in the world to go back, i'm sure he would have.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Mendossa
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT

Wow that's some serious bashing. Somebody had a bad day!

That being said, you brought your car to a *wheel & tire shop* and they managed to forget the centering rings, scratch a wheel and maybe even bend two wheels. You should walk in there tomorrow morning and go nuclear!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Interesting article about language

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Article...ome1&gt1=23000
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #17
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
the wheels are run flats but yeah i assumed that there not responsible for the bent rims.. i am fairly sure that the scratch wasnt there before tho.. thx for ur input!
And the tires are forged or cast?

What wheels do you have? BMW OE or aftermarket. If aftermarket, what make?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #18
applebook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 328i -Stick & Sport

Quote:

Why do douchebags (i.e. you) always act like tough guys on the internetz?

You're so fond of "human interaction" that perhaps you should get out in the real world instead of reading threads that apparently tick you off.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendossa View Post
Wow that's some serious bashing. Somebody had a bad day!

That being said, you brought your car to a *wheel & tire shop* and they managed to forget the centering rings, scratch a wheel and maybe even bend two wheels. You should walk in there tomorrow morning and go nuclear!
It's a cra*shoot. I went to one of those "recommended installers" and they scratched 2 brand-new rims. They denied it, but the seller who recommended them shipped two new ones. The things were brand-new, never on a car before, drop shipped, how are the lips going to be scratched to ****? I think the installers claim the low pro's are too hard for them to mount. But if that were your job, would you simply scratch up rims that have never been on a car before? Bizarre. But this is the auto business. People aren't paid much, which takes me back to if you can DIY, you should, as you care a lot more than anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #20
applebook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 328i -Stick & Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Well, I can see where OP is coming from. I'm sure a lot of people aren't going to stop an employee from a fairly reputable tire shop from working on his car. Anyone can make a mistake, not just the shady looking people.

He also stated that he went home because he was already running late. If he had all the time in the world to go back, i'm sure he would have.
Well, that's your fault (and the OP's) for possessing discretion and decency. It's too bad for the poor OP that "BLKBMW" isn't his buddy, or else he would've raised some serious ROOF on those tire and rack workers!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #21
BLKBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebook View Post
Why do douchebags (i.e. you) always act like tough guys on the internetz?

You're so fond of "human interaction" that perhaps you should get out in the real world instead of reading threads that apparently tick you off.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #22
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And the tires are forged or cast?

What wheels do you have? BMW OE or aftermarket. If aftermarket, what make?
they are m6 reps, they are aftermarket and to be honest im not sure what make they are however ill find out so that people can avoid them because they arnt the highest quality apparently :P 150$ rim
Appreciate 0