Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need help with tire size question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Need help with tire size question

I know this may seem like a silly question because I would assume the answer is yes. However, I would just like to make sure. So...

When a tire is stretched, will both sidewalks be pulled to the same angle from the plane of the wheel face?

Reason I am asking is because I just bought a set of 18" OEM 260's that has 245's all around on it and I want to mount them and measure the gap to determine how much wider I can go tirewise in the rear. Or, if anyone already knows what you can get away with on an e92 with and without rolled fenders and an 18x9.5 +18(???) with no rubbing on the sport suspension, please let me know. I'd like to get some summer tires on them soon, but want to try and get it right the first go around.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

anyone? I know there are a ton of people coming through here that know their shit!
Appreciate 0