2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs Garage Car Cover

08-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
sali
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 911, 16 Range Rover

Garage Car Cover

I live in NYC and park (valet parking) at an underground garage.

I have a 2011 535i Sapphire Black and I already installed a bumper guard (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RZ65MO) to protect my bumper in city.

Once in a while leaking pipes drop stuff on car leaving marks. I use the car once a week and I hate spending time cleaning the marks on a weekend.

What car cover do you recommend? The BMW one is $250 and I saw one at Walmart for $30. The car won't be parked outside so rain or snow is not a worry.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

walmart one is just fine. Since you already park in the garage. The few drops of pipe leaking water should not be any problem. The only small, small, minor, minor issue is that it's ont 100% perfect fit (match your exact location of side minor, etc). But it is universal and should cover your car just fine. BUT!!!! my honest opinon, car covers are in the end a waste. I have bought 3 car covers my brand new purchased cars in the past. After a few months, I get tired of putting it and off all the time. But you said you only drive it once a week, so maybe it will work for you.
Appreciate 0