Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > How Long for a Wheel & Tire Package

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
tliartis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

How Long for a Wheel & Tire Package

All,

If you ordered a wheel and tire package with TPMS mounted and ready to go shipped to you what is a normal time frame to receive them. I ordered on Black Friday and I know they haven't even shipped yet and aren't giving me a whole lot of info. I've sent a pretty pointed email asking for a delivery date since I need them before Christmas. Is three weeks or so normal? I'm not listing the company as of yet because I don't want to say bad things if this is normal/they fix it. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

I ordered a set of M6 reps w/ TPMS and tires from a vendor on this site and I believe it took 5 business days to process and ship from CA to OK.

On a side note, I believe everything was in stock. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

wow, maybe you guys should re check with your suppliers.
it sometimes just depends who and where you are buying from, if a dealers calls and orders wheels from us before 3:00pm and the wheels are in stock we ship out that same day. it only takes 5 business days for a set of wheels to go from Los angeles Ca to New York via regular ground UPS. so lets say the dealer has to put tires and tpms then ship top you well add another 5-6 days after. so you should be on schedule.
have you called and ask for a tracking number? every retail shop receives Tracking numbers so they can pass down to the end user. good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRRwheels View Post
wow, maybe you guys should re check with your suppliers.
I may have been unclear in my post above. It took 5 days from the time I placed my call to the time the wheels & tires arrived on my doorstep. Overall, I was happy with the process.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
tliartis
Private First Class
Rep

wheel and tire pkg timeframe

I actually ordered them from a producer, like if I ordered them from MRR direct. I know they had to bring in the tires, but the face that no one is giving me an estimated date is worrying me. I don't believe they have been shipped yet. I've asked for them to get them to me before Christmas or refund my money. You would think if you offered a "black friday" sale you would have the product and be able to deliver it in a timely manner. They've danced around my request for an estimated date. I hope they just fill their end and I can get my wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep

call in and get a tracking, if they dont have a tracking then something is up.
if its a wheel company that sells direct then they should be able to inform you asap.
sometimes a little honesty gos a long way but when they drag you along is simply horrible business. plus with so many retailers hurting for business im sure you can find a reliable source, theirs still enough time to receive your wheels with in the next 5 business days.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
tliartis
Private First Class
Rep

I will call tomorrow if I don't get an email reply. They are not good about answering the phone in the past when I called, but email has seemed to be better. I just hope they are good about cancelling the order and refunding the money. I have a sneaking suspicion that something is up and I'm a while away from seeing my wheels. I can tell when someone isn't giving me a straight answer.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliartis View Post
All,

If you ordered a wheel and tire package with TPMS mounted and ready to go shipped to you what is a normal time frame to receive them. I ordered on Black Friday and I know they haven't even shipped yet and aren't giving me a whole lot of info. I've sent a pretty pointed email asking for a delivery date since I need them before Christmas. Is three weeks or so normal? I'm not listing the company as of yet because I don't want to say bad things if this is normal/they fix it. Thanks for your input.
Wow, Black Friday feels like a long time ago, you're pretty patient. If I recall I ordered my snows on a Sat. and they were on my doorstep Tue. They probably didn't mount/balance until Mon. and the shipped UPS ground.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
Boost XXI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP in

I ordered from TireRack this year (wheels, tires, TPMS, caps) and they were mounted and delivered to my door the next day. Literally 25 hours from the time I placed the order online. I was stunned. While that experience may not be typical, I definitely wouldn't settle for waiting weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep

i wish you the best in luck in this issue. let us know how it turns out.
Appreciate 0