Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Non-RFT A/S recs for 2009 E90

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-18-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
groovygeek
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328xi

Non-RFT A/S recs for 2009 E90

Hi there, first post from a new owner, please be gentle

Bought my first bimmer a few days ago, a loaded 2009 328xi for my 22-year old daughter (yes, I want to spoil her, so sue me ). The OEM RFTs are nearly worn out after 25kmi and I find the ride stiff and noisy. Looking to replace them with good A/S that will give her a more comfy ride. Knowing her great looks and smoother ride will be preferred over great handling.

From what I can gather, Continental ContiProContact SSR's are potentially better options than the OEM Turanzas if I go with RFTs. Is that the prevailing opinion? Anything else I should consider?

However, the range of choices for non-RFTs is bewildering. Anyone care to recommend a good A/S tire that looks good and rides well even if it compromises handling a bit. Size is 225/45-17, she is in SoCal so mostly summer driving but she may go skiing occasionally. Yes, I know no spare, this is what AAA is for.

Last but not least, in the past I have always bought tires directly from the shop that installed them, so I would also appreciate some advice on what I need to order from TireRack should I decide to go that way - tires + a set of four TPMS? What would install typically run per tire at one of their recommended shops?

Thanks for the patience with a noob.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
roundle
EXPAT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 VW GTI;18 CX9;11 E91 N52

If I lived in the US, I would buy the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. They get great reviews, look bad-ass, and wear like iron.
Appreciate 0