09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
zzade46m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: add now!

Garage List
ED Pickup 9/8 - F1 Race 9/9 pics pics pics

Just wanted to update the forums and post some pics. I know most of you have already seen the Welt and Museum etc etc, definitely cool to be there in person if you've never done, was my first time. Only thing with me that I flew Lufthansa and they had strike issues and my flight got cancelled. Had to get on another airline and itinerary got changed a little, but all in all I made it there and picked up the beast. My plans were to pick up the beast in Munich and drive down to Milan Italy to watch the F1 race at Monza track. I wish the lady at BMW Welt told me I had to buy toll passes, I got pulled over twice, once in Austria and Switz, paid 140 euros to go through their country. I coulda bought it for 8 euros if I got it at a gas station oh well my fault for not researching that.

All I gotta say is the M5 is faster, smooth and refined, I'm currently driving a E92 M3 and its just more of a raw car than the M5. Definitely a high speed sedan, but def not as sporty as a M3, but I kinda like the comfortness. Took it about 140 mph on the Autobahn, I was still below the 5500 rpm limit for break in still. I was surprised that I had Audi station wagons goin as fast as me lol!

Took about 5 hours to get to Milan, not a bad drive, nice scenic areas driving down next to a couple of lakes and thru the Swiss alps. Once I got to Milan, all I gotta say is those Italians are crazy and inconsiderate drivers. I almost got hit multiple times. If I ever go back I am not driving in Italy. But the F1 experience was awesome, I've never been to one, so this would be my first F1. I've been to other races, and used to race cars about 10 years ago, but man these F1 cars are on a different sound level, they sound awesome. I've been to Indy car, at Long Beach Grand Prix a few years but F1 is the big leagues. I've attached a few quick videos, 1 of the warm up lap, which I though was the craziest. These guys are just redlining the car bouncing it off the rev limiter, insanely loud. Then the 2nd vid is the 1st lap of the race, where all 24 cars flying by, I didnt have my earplugs in on that lap, big mistake lol!!! sorry if the pics aren't totally professional...

Attached Images

Last edited by zzade46m3; 09-13-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

awesome, congrats!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
hsiaochinsan