THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery How would an ED and lease work out?

04-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
tracerit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT

How would an ED and lease work out?

I always told myself that my next BMW would be done through European Delivery and a year after the new M3 is released but I'm really likeing th M235i now. My plan would be to lease 3 years, how would a European Delivery lease "purchase" work out? Becuase I know there's that average of one month where the car would be shipped from Germany to the US. Would my lease payments start when i'm in Germany meaning I'll also be paying for the car when it's being delivered?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
oscr972
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 4/16/14 ED AW/Terra

Your money factor (interest rate) for a lease with ED will be slightly higher (.003) which allows BMWFS (leasing co) to make one payment on your behalf while the car is in transit. You pay for it but they make it easier via the above method.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

On the west coast, you're more likely to make the 3rd month payment before seeing the car again. This all depends on how long you're in Europe with the car, if you drop off in Munich or somewhere else, how long it takes for your car to get to Bremerhaven and on a vessel and how long customs decides to take before releasing the car to the VPC. It usually takes 8-10 weeks for redelivery on the west coast.

BMWFS is really the only way to do this, finance-wise. And as mentioned above, the interest rate rises slightly to account for them making your 2nd month's payment on the car. You pay the first month as a "drive off" cost when signing paperwork (usually around 7 days before picking the car up in Europe).
Appreciate 1