M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina


Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm0515 View Post
That's crazy, but your situation sounds like a bit of an outlier based on other board posts. There's no way you should still not have your car after a 9/1 ED and 9/3 Munich drop. This is the worst of treatments I've read so far and it doesn't give me confidence on my own dealer redelivery date with pump redo for which i can gather zero information. I'd suggest a continued assault on BMWNA in NJ. Only they can provide answers and/or support/assistance unless you know someone higher up that you can call directly. Good luck.
I had the exact same dates 9/1 pickup, 9/3 drop off in Munich, on the Toronto and still don't have my car back.

I want in on anything going on. I am not trying to be greedy, but this is just unfair and the nonresponsiveness is not what I expected from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #24
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
11

 
chillin4now's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 at Home
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Smocation


Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
I had the exact same dates 9/1 pickup, 9/3 drop off in Munich, on the Toronto and still don't have my car back.

I want in on anything going on. I am not trying to be greedy, but this is just unfair and the nonresponsiveness is not what I expected from BMW.
I guess I dont see what you have to be upset about.

ED clearly says 4-6 weeks for delivery to the East Coast.
Add 2 additional weeks for PCD (more if they are really busy). Bear in mind, they will not book your PCD until the car is in the US.
This is the reason I DID NOT do PCD; I didnt want to add 2-4 weeks to my delivery date once I began paying for the car.

Seems to me BMW only needs to communicate with you once it is beyond their published 'normal" delivery times.

I have that at about 3 weeks from now.
__________________
Because; whats behind me doesnt matter.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #25
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina


Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I guess I dont see what you have to be upset about.

ED clearly says 4-6 weeks for delivery to the East Coast.
Add 2 additional weeks for PCD (more if they are really busy). Bear in mind, they will not book your PCD until the car is in the US.
This is the reason I DID NOT do PCD; I didnt want to add 2-4 weeks to my delivery date once I began paying for the car.

Seems to me BMW only needs to communicate with you once it is beyond their published 'normal" delivery times.

I have that at about 3 weeks from now.

Agree, but my car has just been sitting around somewhere for days (understanding their is a lag for PCD), but they wouldn't communicate or even book my time until the repair was done, which was delayed significantly as well. The main thing that gets me is how random this is and the lack of communication or real answers.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
11

 
chillin4now's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 at Home
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Smocation


Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
Agree, but my car has just been sitting around somewhere for days (understanding their is a lag for PCD), but they wouldn't communicate or even book my time until the repair was done, which was delayed significantly as well. The main thing that gets me is how random this is and the lack of communication or real answers.
I see your point. I beleive that the only thing that we have to be upset about is the time delta between what it would take for a normal recall campaign fix (I am estimating this to be three days) and what it is taking in reality.

Unfortunately, for ED there is some wiggle room for them (using the margins to their advantage). When you add PCD, there is even more margin for them.

The people that got their cars taken away have the real beef. And I guess you do to some extent if it is sitting waitng for a part.

I am just trying to stay positive through this whole thing. I want to look up from all this tracking, following, waiting, etc and have my new car... and a new president for good measure.
__________________
Because; whats behind me doesnt matter.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #27
mwlmd
Major
United_States
41

 
mwlmd's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 1,242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I guess I dont see what you have to be upset about.

ED clearly says 4-6 weeks for delivery to the East Coast.
Add 2 additional weeks for PCD (more if they are really busy). Bear in mind, they will not book your PCD until the car is in the US.
This is the reason I DID NOT do PCD; I didnt want to add 2-4 weeks to my delivery date once I began paying for the car.

Seems to me BMW only needs to communicate with you once it is beyond their published 'normal" delivery times.

I have that at about 3 weeks from now.
I thought my paperwork stated 6-8 weeks for re-delivery to East Coast and 8-10 weeks for West coast. Add 2 weeks for PCD for 10-12 weeks total.

These folks are complaining and it hasn't even been 8 weeks yet?

I have threatened legal action against BMW in the past (regarding warranty issues on an M3) successfully only because there was an obvious problem that needed fixing. However, in this case I don't quite understand the damages people are upset about?

The side bolster issue has been explained, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is absent in the 2014 model. The oil pump is a recall that is being dealt with. Recalls happen all the time. Get over it. Why are BMW M5 owners more entitled than the rest of the country?

If I ordered and paid for an option that was not there (by mistake) then I would be pissed. But this seat thing.... really? I don't even remember the seat thing being an issue when driving my car in Europe.

Now the ONLY thing that has me a bit irritated is the 2014 LCI on the M5 which starts production less than a year after the M5 is launched in USA. Hopefully the changes will be subtle!!!!! Or at least retro-fit-able.
__________________
F10 M5
Alpine/Sakhir/Anthracite/DCT

HRE P101. Akrapovič evolution. H&R. Bell StiR+ Laser Interceptor quad. IND cosmetics. 3M CR50.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #28
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
232

 
Bluesummer's Avatar
 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.


Posts: 15,410
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
I thought my paperwork stated 6-8 weeks for re-delivery to East Coast and 8-10 weeks for West coast. Add 2 weeks for PCD for 10-12 weeks total.

These folks are complaining and it hasn't even been 8 weeks yet?

I have threatened legal action against BMW in the past (regarding warranty issues on an M3) successfully only because there was an obvious problem that needed fixing. However, in this case I don't quite understand the damages people are upset about?

The side bolster issue has been explained, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is absent in the 2014 model. The oil pump is a recall that is being dealt with. Recalls happen all the time. Get over it. Why are BMW M5 owners more entitled than the rest of the country?

If I ordered and paid for an option that was not there (by mistake) then I would be pissed. But this seat thing.... really? I don't even remember the seat thing being an issue when driving my car in Europe.

Now the ONLY thing that has me a bit irritated is the 2014 LCI on the M5 which starts production less than a year after the M5 is launched in USA. Hopefully the changes will be subtle!!!!! Or at least retro-fit-able.
+1

get over it already. Just because you paid 100k for an M5 doesn't mean you deserved 2x the attention from BMWNA compare to someone who bought a 50k F30.
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #29
cmhsam
Major
44

 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
Agree, but my car has just been sitting around somewhere for days (understanding their is a lag for PCD), but they wouldn't communicate or even book my time until the repair was done, which was delayed significantly as well. The main thing that gets me is how random this is and the lack of communication or real answers.
At this point cancel the PCD. Just go get your car. This is horrible. I thought you would have had it by now.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #30
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
United Kingdom
117

 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead


Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
At this point cancel the PCD. Just go get your car. This is horrible. I thought you would have had it by now.
The PCD is interesting, but it is overrated. You get about 20 laps. But not full laps, they only use about half of the circuit. The rest is safety training which is a bit dull IMO.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST