M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #45
wrsbmw
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 2013 M5 Amazonite Silver
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin, Tx

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Hopefully Akrapovic will provide an M Performance version to fix that - my M5 version is sounding better with time and now generating a lot of comments/interest from other drivers. The CP sports exhaust was generally ignored in comparison.

Not sure that SO paintwork would be good for resale in UK, so would agree with AW with SO leather.

Having said that, if I were looking to change a non-CP LCI M5, with the current discounts on offer, I would be looking at M6GC CP rather than M5 CP (too similar to the car it replaces), even though M6 LCI is imminent. I know you have driven an M6GC and didn't like it, but the CP may make a difference - may be worth a test drive if you can get the deal right.
I went to the BMW dealer here in Austin yesterday and test drove a GCM6 with CP and it was nice. The sound of the exhaust is definitely improved over the 2013 and I liked the change in position of the Nav screen. The seats are better with the adjustable bolster and there is even a little bit of legroom in the back, not like the M5 but two could sit back there comfortably on a short trip. What I didn't like was the wheels that came on the car. They had a white M5 with the 343s but it didn't have full leather, the M6 did and I consider that a must.

I am also considering a California. Maybe I trade my wifes X5 and get a California and see if she will take the M5. I only have a two car garage so if I get the California, one of the BMWs would have to sit outside and it wouldn't be the M5.
wrsbmw is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #46
Dionysus
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M5 Competition Package
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I went to the BMW dealer here in Austin yesterday and test drove a GCM6 with CP and it was nice. The sound of the exhaust is definitely improved over the 2013 and I liked the change in position of the Nav screen. The seats are better with the adjustable bolster and there is even a little bit of legroom in the back, not like the M5 but two could sit back there comfortably on a short trip. What I didn't like was the wheels that came on the car. They had a white M5 with the 343s but it didn't have full leather, the M6 did and I consider that a must.

I am also considering a California. Maybe I trade my wifes X5 and get a California and see if she will take the M5. I only have a two car garage so if I get the California, one of the BMWs would have to sit outside and it wouldn't be the M5.
If you're considering M5 to Cali, coldlist is the man to ask...
Dionysus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #47
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M5 2014 LCI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Midlands

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Ok looking at a new M5 CP with C/Brakes.
September delivery.
Which colour, S/Red or Alpine White?.
I will go S/ réd leather over Alpine.
Or SilverStone over thé S/red paint.
Thoughts.
Your getting an M6 GC???....What did i miss matey?
Stiggly is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #48
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,107
iTrader: (0)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggly View Post
Your getting an M6 GC???....What did i miss matey?
Well Cars on Order now , I borrowed the 640D M Sport GC, and liked it, so I thought "lets see what I can get for the M5" and what discounts are around on the M6 GC with CP.
So after a "nationwide mailing/answering few days.
I'm in.
Car arrives 1st September, all extras + Comp Pack, stuck to the 343M 20" wheels as they are the lightest.
Alpin White Sakhir Leather.
Should look the Dogs

The M5 is good but the M6 GC CP is a big step up IMO.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #49
M5essex
First Lieutenant
 
M5essex's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F10 CP M5, E92 CP M3, 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Essex UK

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

that is going to look sooo good. congrats. cant wait to see the pics.
M5essex is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #50
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
that is going to look sooo good. congrats. cant wait to see the pics.
Thanks mate, I am
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #51
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M5 2014 LCI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Midlands

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Well Cars on Order now , I borrowed the 640D M Sport GC, and liked it, so I thought "lets see what I can get for the M5" and what discounts are around on the M6 GC with CP.
So after a "nationwide mailing/answering few days.
I'm in.
Car arrives 1st September, all extras + Comp Pack, stuck to the 343M 20" wheels as they are the lightest.
Alpin White Sakhir Leather.
Should look the Dogs

The M5 is good but the M6 GC CP is a big step up IMO.


Sounds fantastic Fella...well done John.
Stiggly is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #52
w5pwr
Private First Class
 
w5pwr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

What was the list on a M6 GC CP with all the options, must me £115-120k?

Just checked and with not all the options ticked you can get to £125k.....
w5pwr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #53
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5pwr View Post
What was the list on a M6 GC CP with all the options, must me £115-120k?

Just checked and with not all the options ticked you can get to £125k.....
I went for this spec.

Sun-Pro Glass
Rear View Camera
Surround View
M-Multi function Seats
Headed rear Seats
Speed limit display
Comp Pack
steering wheel heating
High gloss shadow line
COMFORT ACCESS
Service Pack

Could be one or two more bits Price £109290:00 + all the on the road crap which is about £2K+ with road tax.

PS) did not go for the CP wheels, to heavy, so 343M 20" Forged is what I ordered.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 05-23-2014 at 08:12 AM.
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #54
w5pwr
Private First Class
 
w5pwr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Looks a good spec, the only thing I would of added is the soft close doors.

Great feature with children, stops them slamming doors....
w5pwr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #55
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5pwr View Post
Looks a good spec, the only thing I would of added is the soft close doors.

Great feature with children, stops them slamming doors....
My youngest is 25 years old now , keeping her in is not desired as such
She's the reason for four seats, but having said that I have warmed to the GC over the coupe TBH.
After driving one for a few days the size just "disappears", it's only 3.8" longer and 0.3" wider than the LCI M5, so nothing really to over come.
The shape just to me anyway looks so much better that the 5.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #56
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,624
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by w5pwr View Post
Looks a good spec, the only thing I would of added is the soft close doors.

Great feature with children, stops them slamming doors....
My youngest is 25 years old now , keeping her in is not desired as such
She's the reason for four seats, but having said that I have warmed to the GC over the coupe TBH.
After driving one for a few days the size just "disappears", it's only 3.8" longer and 0.3" wider than the LCI M5, so nothing really to over come.
The shape just to me anyway looks so much better that the 5.
Yeah I just can't get over the uncomfortable seats. BMW couldn't be bothered to homologate comfort seats on the M6GC because the small sales volume didn't justify the cost. The higher price should have justified the cost!

Hopefully in the UK this won't be an issue.
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 05-23-2014 at 09:37 AM.
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST