M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
apsuard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Eisenmann Exhaust Advice Needed

Guys,

I have ordered the Eisenmann Race Exhaust Mufflers only. Now I'm debating going with the full exhaust.

A few questions:
1) If I go with the mufflers only I'm assuming they will have to cut off the old mufflers but the full system will be bolt on?
2) On a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of sound what is Stock, Eisenmann Race Mufflers Only, Eisenmann Race Full System?
3) Any suggestion or advice either way?

Part of me doesn't want to drop another $2k-$2.5k but if it sounds a lot meaner and if the fit is better I will go ahead with the full setup.

Thanks
Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsuard View Post
Guys,

I have ordered the Eisenmann Race Exhaust Mufflers only. Now I'm debating going with the full exhaust.

A few questions:
1) If I go with the mufflers only I'm assuming they will have to cut off the old mufflers but the full system will be bolt on?
2) On a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of sound what is Stock, Eisenmann Race Mufflers Only, Eisenmann Race Full System?
3) Any suggestion or advice either way?

Part of me doesn't want to drop another $2k-$2.5k but if it sounds a lot meaner and if the fit is better I will go ahead with the full setup.

Thanks
Tony

If you go with the axle back system, yes the exhaust will have to be cut. Cat-back exhausts are the only ones that are bolt on. As far as your scale, RPiM5 started this thread which is now a sticky Link. I can't answer your last question. Just from my experience here, it seems most want anything from a little more volume to a lot more from the exhaust over stock or even the CP exhaust. Some are fine with the stock sound. It depends on what you're looking for. Are you buying outright, financing or leasing? That will play a role. If you get the axle back exhaust and keep your stock exhaust you can always have that welded back on when you sell or turn in your lease.
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #3
Boostedm514
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo m5

Buy the undercover performance downpipes (best on the market ) and really open up the sound plus performance gains

I'd also do the x pipe as the full systems really make our cars amazing !
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #4
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rivian R1T

Yeah you might try adding downpipes, keeping the stock mid section and resonators. This might be the sound you're looking for if you don't want to go full rpim5 or boots.