TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think the Rosberg vs. Hamilton situation is no different than the Prost vs. Senna situation, or Vettel vs. Webber situation or Hamilton vs. Alonso situation.
If both deem themselves the #1 driver, then there are no rules on the track and shit happens.
And maybe that also happened early on this year between Max and Checo.
Now the rumour is that it's due to Monaco's q3 crash.
But what if Max back then requested to go first on track and RB sent Checo out first? And consequently the crash happens?
None of us knows exactly what happened, none of us where there, none of us knows even if Monaco was the reason.
But both the reaction of Max ("you know my stand on this") and the reaction of Checo ("now we know what kind of a guy he is"), points at friction between the two (and RB) and holding some grudge over something.
It has nothing to do with the points scored sunday by Max, but it has to do with something happening earlier this year or before from which Max apparently thought not solved sufficiently to give closure. That's when things like this happen.
It's up to team management to nip stuff like this in the bud so it doesn't escalates.
I don't think this will ever be confirmed because this is the first I've read anything about Monaco, but if true, this whole situation is worse because VER held on to this grudge for something that happened months ago and I would be inclined to believe that the team would be aware of this. In that case, this should have been taken care of shortly after Monaco.

A Red Bull 1-2 in drivers standings should've been the sole focus and it's unfortunate that VER decided focus on his own grudge towards PER if this is all true.
Appreciate 2
minn1914078.00