12-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #10
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe View Post
Do the clutches grab abruptly when you start to creep? I can make mine surge just by turning the power steering. Guess it puts enough load on the motor to start it surging. Clears up quick though. Did this start after changing anything like maybe air filters or anything like that. May want to look at short term fuel trims at idle to. Even if you check them warm it may show something. May be time for Primary O2 sensors also. If you see any discrepancies from bank to bank I would look into sensors for sure. Either way get those maf sensors clean and keep us posted.
Yes, yes they do in fact. Same deal with the power steering. The majority of the time, it does clear up quickly, but on a few occasions as I've mentioned, it's resulted in nearly stalling -- and one time actually did.

I noticed it happened for the first time only a few weeks after I'd gotten the car when backing out of my garage without waiting 30 seconds or so. I had not messed with anything with the car at that point maintenance related.

I do have the BM3 datalogging at my disposal to monitor fuel trims, so I will look into that. The MAF sensors may be causing it as they seem to be tempermental in these cars from what I've read. The cleaner just got here yesterday, so I'll update this weekend and see if it helps.
Appreciate 0