10-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #19
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom750 View Post
Congratulations on your recent purchase. The car looks great and I have no doubt more modifications are on the way. Longtime follower of your 135 build on N54Tech.

I have an O.T. question: How was your experience with the shipping company, and would you recommend them?

Thanks,
Steve
Thank you and glad to hear you've been following the 135i build. I still drive that car almost every single day.

As far as the shipping goes, I used Reliable Carriers as recommended by the dealership I purchased from. I've used UShip to ship three other vehicles for business purposes, and that went fine so I explored enclosed shipping options there as well. I got UShip offers in the $2,100-$2,400 range, but ultimately went with Reliable at $2,750 because of their reputation. Transportation was perfect, which is what really matters, but it took a while and the communication was minimal after payment and before pickup; following pickup the driver communicated with me perfectly fine. From the moment I paid until the car was in my hand, it took almost a full 4 weeks, which was my biggest complaint given the amount of money they charged. If you're not in a huge hurry, I'd recommend them though.
Appreciate 1
cire26.50