12-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #44
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by santamonica00 View Post
Thank you so much for showing the coil over install! I bought a '16 F10 CP (manual) earlier this year that had been CPO'ed. When I brought it in to the local dealer (in Los Angeles and bought it from a CT BMW dealer, car was from Florida) they took pictures and realized the coil overs had been installed - yeah, I didn't do a PPI to find out but never disclosed either (car hadn't even been cleaned when I had a friend rest drive and agreed to buy it before another person could drive it). Out of curiosity, I had the BMW Santa Monica dealer mock up a quote to let me know how much it would be to switch back to stock. It was still under original warranty and just wanted to have a good laugh on the number. $11,700 😳

Anyway, love it on my car but truthfully also don't know the difference to stock since I've never driven another. Thanks again for sharing the step by step photos and beautiful car!
Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you could finally see the details of the system you have installed on yours. I'm definitely envious of the fact that you were able to find a 2016 manual car! And to find one with hidden Dinan mods that you didn't even know about + CPO? Seems like you found a great example there.

Since it was a CPO car, the Dinan coilovers might have been originally purchased and installed through the dealership. As far as comparison between the CP suspension and the CP suspension plus the Dinan sleeve kit installed, overall changes were minimal. Aside from a slightly lower stance (which was the main reason I purchased this kit) and feeling more planted in the corners, there isn't much noticeable difference. But, because the kit doesn't compromise comfort, I'd much rather have the lower stance through the Dinan kit versus the OEM CP suspension.

Found any other mods besides the sleeve kit hiding anywhere?
Appreciate 1