M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

03-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #23
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
Don't pay over. They aren't super rare like the 1 of 600 997 GT3 RS 4.0. Something in the realm of 1200 will be coming to the U.S. 2000-2500 worldwide

They will hold value well, but not appreciate...unless or until all future Porsche GT cars go turbo.
Agreed Rob.

At $22K over I would likely take a loss or at best break even due to it being such an early production car. It's not a driver for me. It would be a flip. Unless I am making a big profit it's just not worth the hassle. I am going to pass.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 02:31 PM   #24
bigfra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991s , M5 Comp pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
I have just been to my Porsche dealer to chat about this and he said they took orders for these back in Dec 2011... they took over 15 orders and took £10k deposits from each of them. they can only fulfil 8 of them so have had to call the other 7 guys and gals to refund the money and put them on the reserve list. at £ 135k list they have shot off the shelves and some people have reportedly already sold their build to others for in excess of £ 200k! I read that someone was selling theirs at £ 160k over list price! feking madness. but this will be the final run of NA P cars before all will go turbo. so will be a very special, rare and sought after GT3 RS. some 997 4LTR GT3 RS are being sold at nearly £400K!
This new RS will be a collectors item, IMO, and will appreciate like nothing on earth... if you can get one, i'd snap it up!
Weird, porsche glasgow wouldn't take the money until the car was announced. I've my name down for a gen 2 991GT3 , third on the list. It's nuts
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 04:47 AM   #25
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfra View Post
Weird, porsche glasgow wouldn't take the money until the car was announced. I've my name down for a gen 2 991GT3 , third on the list. It's nuts
Agreed in general: letter of intent > deposit on announcement > deposit returned if you fall outside of dealer allocation. If you did fall outside of allocation, it's unlikely that you dealer will force you to take your deposit back if say you wanted to transfer it to a theoretical gen 2 car. Plus most business will treat their 'good' customers differently from the 'unwashed masses'. That process still fits with M5Eessex's post.

We also need to take into account that UK is RHD market with fewer cars manufactured, I believe UK 991 GT3 allocation was initially 100 cars, but just over this was eventually delivered. Due to the lack of used 'stock', market here pushes prices up far higher than some other markets (e.g. NA).

Stating the obvious, but buying a car to turn a quick profit is always high risk, however, if you choose to extract some value by driving it you will reduce your potential margin. There are no right or wrong answers to ColdList's question, anyone of us in that position just needs to be prepared to deal with the consequences.

The only guarantee in this game is that Porsche will make a profit. Nuts (w.r.t. turning away some genuine customers) - yes, but also a good business model. Let's face it, they don't have to spend much on marketing...

Last edited by Dionysus; 03-11-2015 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #26
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Not to thread resurrect, but here we are almost a year later. Lots of these RS have sold for 100k over MSRP.

Did Porsche screw up with this 918VIP program? Lots of owners just flipping them for big money it seems.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #27
Lalit@autocouture
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Not to thread resurrect, but here we are almost a year later. Lots of these RS have sold for 100k over MSRP.

Did Porsche screw up with this 918VIP program? Lots of owners just flipping them for big money it seems.
My customer traded his GT3 in for MSRP with 3k miles and paid $75k over sticker for his RS. "Good deal" lol
Appreciate 0