M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #6931
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Indeed. In this day and age, becoming a Buddhist monk would be more fulfilling.
This kind of implies that you look for fulfillment in women?
Brother I know you know better...

I frankly miss being single because it's one less thing to deal with. But on the flip side I don't miss being single because I really don't want to go back to the chase...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      10-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #6932
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

I frankly miss being single because it's one less thing to deal with. But on the flip side I don't miss being single because I really don't want to go back to the chase...
I can see where you're going with this. A better analogy should have been used here. Perhaps this may be my problem, i don't really look for fulfillment anywhere.....except maybe when I'm driving.

As for missing being single, I'll add more to this later. I think it's best that I keep certain things under my hat for now pertaining to my situation. But for you good sir, it is possible to be single and not be on the chase. There's a certain peace that comes with it, but there are also sacrifices one must make to obtain said peace.....usually that sacrifice is also a piece.

I haven't mentioned here yet, but the talk went smoothly Saturday night. A bit uncomfortable as one might expect, but we both recognize that we have things to work on, not for each other per se; but for ourselves. This is all I feel that needs mentioning at this point, there will be more to come.
Appreciate 3
      10-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #6933
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

I don't think that's what he meant. I believe it was more along the lines of dating being a waste of time in many instances. Women wonder why a lot of men only want hookups, and I believe a lot of it (not all of it) stems from their past experiences in relationships. There are many people these days who you can't trust further than you can throw them, no loyalty, always looking for the next best thing from what they see on instagram, etc. I'm far from perfect, but many of these people you meet online you can see the mental sanity train has left the station long ago just from an initial first date conversation.
Appreciate 2
      10-13-2020, 12:11 PM   #6934
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I don't think that's what he meant. I believe it was more along the lines of dating being a waste of time in many instances. Women wonder why a lot of men only want hookups, and I believe a lot of it (not all of it) stems from their past experiences in relationships. There are many people these days who you can't trust further than you can throw them, no loyalty, always looking for the next best thing from what they see on instagram, etc. I'm far from perfect, but many of these people you meet online you can see the mental sanity train has left the station long ago just from an initial first date conversation.
This. Exactly this and all of it. My point was more geared toward it would be more fulfilling to be celibate as a monk is.

Current mindset is that people generally want what they don't have. I won't elaborate. Face value comment or some backwards insinuations, either works at the moment I suppose.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2020, 04:55 PM   #6935
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can see where you're going with this. A better analogy should have been used here. Perhaps this may be my problem, i don't really look for fulfillment anywhere.....except maybe when I'm driving.

As for missing being single, I'll add more to this later. I think it's best that I keep certain things under my hat for now pertaining to my situation. But for you good sir, it is possible to be single and not be on the chase. There's a certain peace that comes with it, but there are also sacrifices one must make to obtain said peace.....usually that sacrifice is also a piece.

I haven't mentioned here yet, but the talk went smoothly Saturday night. A bit uncomfortable as one might expect, but we both recognize that we have things to work on, not for each other per se; but for ourselves. This is all I feel that needs mentioning at this point, there will be more to come.
Oh right - was going to ask about how that talk went. Good to hear it was smooth.
And I do know it's possible, current gf came out of no where and during corona I had a few months where I was off the apps and was not seeing anyone. Was actually nice.

Quote:
This. Exactly this and all of it. My point was more geared toward it would be more fulfilling to be celibate as a monk is.

Current mindset is that people generally want what they don't have. I won't elaborate. Face value comment or some backwards insinuations, either works at the moment I suppose.
Please do elaborate, might be that I'm looking for ways to insert myself into stuff but I feel like this was directed at me
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      10-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #6936
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oh right - was going to ask about how that talk went. Good to hear it was smooth.
And I do know it's possible, current gf came out of no where and during corona I had a few months where I was off the apps and was not seeing anyone. Was actually nice.

Please do elaborate, might be that I'm looking for ways to insert myself into stuff but I feel like this was directed at me
No sir, wasn't directed at you at all. Due to.....prior actions of "an individual" and my posts contained herein, I find it best that I don't go in to too much detail as to what I am dealing with personally. How I feel about a particular situation could be used against me in the event that I spill everything here. I'm sure you recall what I am referencing.
Appreciate 4
UncleWede18324.00
cmyx6go16580.00
      10-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #6937
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #6938
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Indeed
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #6939
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
No sir, wasn't directed at you at all. Due to.....prior actions of "an individual" and my posts contained herein, I find it best that I don't go in to too much detail as to what I am dealing with personally. How I feel about a particular situation could be used against me in the event that I spill everything here. I'm sure you recall what I am referencing.
This sounds like one of my work e-mails where we all know who is being talked about but don't want HR involved.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #6940
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Pssst. Fifth amendment.
Criminal and civil legal proceedings?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #6941
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
They haven't decided yet...
A. That's a lot of wings!

B. One pound of frozen chicken wings would consist of a rough average of 4-5 wings per pound. With each bag weighing roughly 12 pounds, this would equate to 48-55 frozen chicken wings per bag. At 5,200 5 pound bags this is somewhere between 249,600 - 286,000 wings total. 10 pallets of 520 12-pound bags. Shit.

and

C. The wings were never found!!! I'm calling up my boys Short Round, Chunk, Samwise Gamgee, Thanos and Corey Haim's retarded life-mate and we're going to find that shit.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1619089.00
MKSixer34102.00
      10-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #6942
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Can only guess that they were stealing smaller qtys at a time, maybe from work, and selling them to restaurants at a price undercutting distributors.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #6943
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
Can only guess that they were stealing smaller qtys at a time, maybe from work, and selling them to restaurants at a price undercutting distributors.
Negative. It was actually $65k, 10 pallets, loaded into a rented box truck. Happened in 2013 in Atlanta.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #6944
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Back when I was in college, a tractor-trailer loaded with beer was stolen from the local distributor's warehouse yard in the middle of the night.

My physics lab partner lived on a farm with plenty of room to hide a truck, drove the farm's tractor-trailers around the fields since he was old enough to see over the dashboard, and, umm, had a taste for beer.

I jokingly asked him where he put the stolen truck in lab the next week. His answer was that if he had a truck full of beer at his disposal that he most certainly would *not* be in class for a month or so.

FYI, the missing truck was never found.....
      10-18-2020, 06:46 PM   #6945
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
I have a couple of young millennial friends... all I got to say is glad I'm married and will do just about anything possible to stay married cause I'm way to scared of being single in today's environment...
Well these days it's sexual abuse to even think of asking a girl to go for a drink
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
      10-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #6946
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
So your last post is now 6 days away, did you got laid since and since you are no longer single...ey?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #6947
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
So your last post is now 6 days away, did you got laid since and since you are no longer single...ey?
Nope, I am still a taken man. I don't find it right to see other people when I'm in a relationship - she's 2000 miles away if I wanted to I feel like I could've easily, I just don't like that.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1619089.00
Dang3r12483.50
      10-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #6948
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Oh, I wouldnt insist into your private life, please take my apoligies for that.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #6949
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Nope, I am still a taken man. I don't find it right to see other people when I'm in a relationship - she's 2000 miles away if I wanted to I feel like I could've easily, I just don't like that.
Are you sure she's not getting laid?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #6950
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Are you sure she's not getting laid?
"Trust, but check."

I have no way of 100% knowing, valid point, but I don't see it as a thing she'd do. Plus, if she does - that's on her. I said what I said because I personally don't feel right doing it. If she finds it okay, she can handle her issues on her own. But I won't stick around for that.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #6951
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Neither has any bullet wounds, so no argument
No stitches? No plaster? No gunfire? No argument.
      11-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #6952
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

It is indeed possible to be single and not be "on the chase." Or at least not be consumed by it.

Through the '80s (when I was in my 20's) my 5 or 6 closest friends (all motorheads) and I were intensely competitive and career-focused and mutually supportive; we inadvertently became a "boys' club" where, without any official declaration or fanfare, we all gravitated toward focusing on our careers and "doing guy stuff" and tacitly acknowledged that we weren't going to see much action on the dating front. One of the gang went through med school and his surgical residency and has a successful general surgery practice. Another guy and his brother set up a tire wholesale business. I took on a pivotal role in my family business. Three of us bought a cast-off dragster on a lark and campaigned it on the NHRA circuit to mixed results and a bunch of stories.

We spent countless hours being guys together; talking smack, bench racing, wrenching on cars, getting in heated discussions that sometimes turned to fisticuffs, drinking oceans of booze, and creating mayhem whenever/wherever we got the urge (Edgar Winter, Green Pyramid, 50 rounds of .357 ammo, and a school bus; that's all I'll say).

Those guys are on speed-dial to this day; one particular member and I have been each others' best men at our weddings.

Flash forward several years; I went through a disastrous breakup in '93 and decided that I'd had enough of the romantic chase for a while and that I'd try chasing a better version of myself instead. I poured myself into cycling and through that had an athletic renaissance that was really rewarding. I made a whole new set of lifelong friends and gained a lot of confidence in my ability to suffer, compete, and transcend.

Were there times in any of this where I found myself wishing that I had a girlfriend? Sure. Fuck yeah. But in most of those moments, I looked at the freedom I'd had and all the stories I'd gathered and the camaraderie I'd enjoyed and it seemed like a pretty good deal all-round. Still does.
cmyx6go16580.00