BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
LeoBurr
6MT Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

New tune after N54 wastegate failure ~80k and Intake Valve Cleaning

I previously had my 135i tuned in March by Cobb in Plano - Made respectable power. Went to ABR Houston and had Alex do an intake valve cleaning - It was pretty gummed up. Just a couple weeks ago, I got hit with a waste gate failure. Fortunately, the dealership worked with me and replaced the turbos.

I contacted Neal @ Cobb Tuning Plano and asked if I should get a retune - He agreed that I should and worked with me on a reasonable tune update price.

Once Calvin was done, the gains were great. Engine mods are just a VRSF 5" FMIC and RV PCV Valve, otherwise running stock turbos, stock DPs, stock exhaust on 93 octane Costco Gas.

Would certainly recommend going to Cobb for a protune on the dyno after my last experience. We're really lucky to have quite a few good shops in Texas.

Dotted-line is my car during its last tuning session.
Attached Images

Last edited by LeoBurr; 12-13-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0