ky_soldier
General of The Universe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
2015 BMW i8  [9.00]
How to help out a great guy?

My SA is a guy named Eddie Rivera at Sam Swope BMW in Louisville, KY. He's been there 18 years, been rep of the month like 30 times, rep of the year like 5 times, is active in the BMW CCA, partakes in many track events and is exactly what BMW wants out in the dealerships as the model for the passion for the BMW brand that draw in many folks like the ones here on the board. Bottom line - Eddie is the type of guy the their dealership and BMW should be honoring for his service to the brand. BTW, he is not the youngest guy in the dealership if you know what I mean.

Instead the a-holes at Sam Swope BMW (soon to be sold) gave him and the next oldest guy there a pink slip last week and said he has until the dealership is sold (like a few weeks) to find a new job within the group or get packing.

Here is the real piece that gets me - his general sales manager, a guy named George McCarty who came to Louisville from Florida, told them in a sales meeting that their job was the "RIP THEIR (the customers) FUCKING HEADS OFF AND FEED THEM TO HIS FAMILY!"

I love the BMW brand, but I also love Porsche, Audi, and others. The ONLY reason that I and my partner buy BMWs from Sam Swope BMW is because of Eddie. He's just a good person with a passion for the brand and his customers. He's not as quick as he once was, but is still producing, and not the bottom of his group for results.

I am about to write a letter to BMW USA but want to get a consensus from the group as to 1) who at BMW USA to send it to 2) how best to keep good guys like Eddie in place and remove folks who think customers are "meat" for their family and 3) if anyone knows any good labor attorneys that want to take on some bullies with a pretty clear age discrimination case

Thanks...Eric
1946 Willys CJ-2A
2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO
Appreciate 0