BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

01-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
jcfay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 M

Question A shot (new!) rear B&O speaker, or just improper mount?

Hi - with my car only a couple of months old now, and having finally turned off the godawful ASD, I've noticed that one of the speakers in the right rear passenger door sounds like it's either clipping, damaged, or is vibrating due to a poor mount or something else at moderate to high volumes. I'd noticed this before, but now it's conspicuous, and since every other speaker in the system sounds great I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this with a single speaker (B&O or otherwise)?

Should I just bring it into the dealer and have them take a look/listen (I'm skeptical they'd be able to fix the thing...)?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Try isolating your suspicions by messing with the balance setting. Listen to the song with the balance set to rear and right, then rear and left. You should be able to hear the difference if the right rear speaker is damaged.

One speaker being damaged isn't a unique situation. It could be defective from B&O or mishandled during the BMW installation process.
      01-30-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
jcfay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Try isolating your suspicions by messing with the balance setting. Listen to the song with the balance set to rear and right, then rear and left. You should be able to hear the difference if the right rear speaker is damaged.

One speaker being damaged isn't a unique situation. It could be defective from B&O or mishandled during the BMW installation process.
Thanks, will do. But it is incredibly easy to hear since it's in the rear passenger side door, and if I just lean back a bit my right ear picks it up super easy. I will tweak the balance (and fade, if there is one), to see if I can better isolate it. At least then when I go into the dealer I'll be able to clearly demonstrate to them that something is seriously funky there.
Appreciate 0