Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
mgm.m4
---
Rep
Drives: F82

Anyone know where I can get F82 M4 LCI Taillight Wiring Harnesses?

As the title says, does anyone know where I can get F82 M4 LCI 2 Taillight Wiring Harnesses?

Found one or two places online but neither specify whether or not they give adequate cables to wire up both lights or only one.

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #2
mgm.m4
---
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
EAS
I emailed EAS and they said they would only be willing to sell the wiring harness with the LCI lights as well. I already have the LCI lights, so I don't want to buy a second set just to get the harness.

Any idea if the M3 LCI Wiring Harness would also work for the f82? I see they sell that individually for 125.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
Foomanchu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 2016 BMW M4

I used this one: 61-12-6-831-264. Got it from a dealer in MD (getbmwparts.com) $109 plus shipping. Worked fine, although it helps if you're double jointed when it comes time to route the cable into the battery compartment area. You'll still need to code in the inner (trunk side) lights to blink when you're finished. I used BimmerCode to turn the lights on like DRLs 😍 but I still need to code the blinker ops.
Appreciate 1
mgm.m419.50
      10-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
mgm.m4
---
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foomanchu View Post
I used this one: 61-12-6-831-264. Got it from a dealer in MD (getbmwparts.com) $109 plus shipping. Worked fine, although it helps if you're double jointed when it comes time to route the cable into the battery compartment area. You'll still need to code in the inner (trunk side) lights to blink when you're finished. I used BimmerCode to turn the lights on like DRLs 😍 but I still need to code the blinker opp.
Thanks man, mind telling me if ordering 61-12-6-831-264 will include the supplies for installing both LCI Taillights or do I need to order 2 of these parts?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Great information!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 12:32 AM   #6
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm.m4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
EAS
I emailed EAS and they said they would only be willing to sell the wiring harness with the LCI lights as well. I already have the LCI lights, so I don't want to buy a second set just to get the harness.

Any idea if the M3 LCI Wiring Harness would also work for the f82? I see they sell that individually for 125.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...d/61126831264/

Free shipping
Appreciate 1
mgm.m419.50
      10-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
Foomanchu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm.m4 View Post
Quote:
I used this one: 61-12-6-831-264. Got it from a dealer in MD (getbmwparts.com) $109 plus shipping. Worked fine, although it helps if you're double jointed when it comes time to route the cable into the battery compartment area. You'll still need to code in the inner (trunk side) lights to blink when you're finished. I used BimmerCode to turn the lights on like DRLs 😍 but I still need to code the blinker opp.
Thanks man, mind telling me if ordering 61-12-6-831-264 will include the supplies for installing both LCI Taillights or do I need to order 2 of these parts?
The harness (1 harness) is all you need to wire all the lights. You'll be replacing the harness that runs up the trunk strut and across the lid to the other side. While feeding a few other components the harness feeds the inner trunk tail lights. The outer lights just plug into the existing wiring jack behind them.
Appreciate 2
mgm.m419.50
Redacre369.00
      10-08-2019, 11:45 PM   #8
mgm.m4
---
Rep

Quote:
The harness (1 harness) is all you need to wire all the lights. You'll be replacing the harness that runs up the trunk strut and across the lid to the other side. While feeding a few other components the harness feeds the inner trunk tail lights. The outer lights just plug into the existing wiring jack behind them.
Thank you so much for the explanation!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 12:15 AM   #9
623baller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80

Quote:
I used this one: 61-12-6-831-264. Got it from a dealer in MD (getbmwparts.com) $109 plus shipping. Worked fine, although it helps if you're double jointed when it comes time to route the cable into the battery compartment area. You'll still need to code in the inner (trunk side) lights to blink when you're finished. I used BimmerCode to turn the lights on like DRLs �� but I still need to code the blinker ops.

really hope you can help me with my question on the other thread as well, quoted it below. i just got bimmercode as well when i went into REM (non expert mode) , i saw all the voltage monitoring is set to bulbs and i changed to LED, it didnt help resolve the two-stage lamp malfunction error. my inner blinker also still dont work i dont know if im missing harness or just coding. attached a picture of the harness as well here. i dont see a splice or connectors when i removed outer brake lamp so im assuming it's not EAS or aftermarket harness installed.

Link to post with pic and quoted below.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller View Post
so what error code would you get if it's not coded after you swap to lci tail lights?

i picked up a 2015 f80 (produced 2014 Nov). previous owner swapped to lci led tail lights. i dont see any flickering and lights work but i have the below two issues.

1. when i hard brake (brake force) , i got a left 2-stage brake lamp mal function, also right 2-stage brake lamp mal function. (see first pic). when i took the outer brake lamp housing apart to inspect the bulbs, i noticed it's actually hella light units , per google they are direct oem units but i m not entirely sure (see second pic), and i see only turn signal has a bulb, is it suppose to have a bulb for tail light lamp as well? seems like it is when i just googled on the par t# and looked at all the pictures out there (see third pic circled red , circled green part is where turn signal led is )

2. inner light doesnt light up when turn signal is on (see fourth pic circled in blue). am i just missing a harness? also this part is hella inner brake lamp unit (see fifth pic)

really hope someone can provide me guidance on what im missing to fix the two issues , thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
really hope you can help me with my question on the other thread as well, quoted it below. i just got bimmercode as well when i went into REM (non expert mode) , i saw all the voltage monitoring is set to bulbs and i changed to LED, it didnt help resolve the two-stage lamp malfunction error. my inner blinker also still dont work i dont know if im missing harness or just coding. attached a picture of the harness as well here. i dont see a splice or connectors when i removed outer brake lamp so im assuming it's not EAS or aftermarket harness installed.

Link to post with pic and quoted below.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=38
You may need to flash your REM to newer version of software
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #11
623baller
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
You may need to flash your REM to newer version of software
any idea on how i do that throguh bimmercode? thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #12
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
any idea on how i do that throguh bimmercode? thanks!
Not possible. Only E-Sys
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #13
623baller
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Not possible. Only E-Sys
ah ok, do you think i have the right harness already or do i need to get something else for this to work properly

someone posted in another thread that i need the below, but that harness looks like it requires tapping, not entirely sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
The Part # for the OEM Retrofit Wiring Harness is 61122410220
Appreciate 0