ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

01-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
Velomobile
Rep
Drives: AW-F32-N55

Pre-LCI F82 / F32 ..552 Adaptive LCI Headlights - Identical? Quick GFHB Code Review..

Hi team - I've done hours of reading on all the threads covering GFHB including the guides that have been met with some saying "works, doesn't work etc."

On this specific thread I wanted to ask the experts on this topic re: two specific NA models: Pre-LCI F82 & Pre-LCI F32 ... the 552 Adaptive Headlights appear identical and also seem to be visually the same headlights used on the Pre-LCI M3

That being said has anyone confirmed FOR SURE GFHB will function in the same way on the F32 with that pair of lights as the M3/M4? a la using dmnc02's documentation? (i.e. hardware identical)

It seems to be the case? lemetier in his threads seems to consistently know his stuff and/or appears EXTREMELY knowledgable on hardware nuances https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=135

dmnc02 Doc: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=429

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Also anybody know anything about these FLA tweaks I came across in reading & who suggested them or if they're necessary / will improve the system? Or are they just confirmation / included FDL edits in the VO coding process? They were the only thing I came across that weren't discussed by dmnc02 & co.'s years of discussion on this topic

FLA / 3000 / Lucid_Nominal_TL_width -> Lucid (7D)
FLA / 3000 / Lucid_Nominal_HL_width -> Lucid (73)
FLA / 3000 / Lucid_Image_Height -> Lucid (7A)
FLA / 3000 / Lucid_HL_Height -> Lucid (40)
FLA / 3000 / LucidHoodLength -> Lucid (A0)
FLA / 3001 / DFL_Vehicle should now be Verbaut (was NichtVerbaut)

Last edited by Velomobile; 01-01-2020 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
Velomobile
Rep
Drives: AW-F32-N55

Update - Not sure what the FLA edits were/are but not needed. And it appears the Pre-LCI F32 w/ 552 Adaptive LED's & HBA do function the same way as the F82.

Followed GFHB doc v3 VO coding & completed via cheat codes (thanks so much to all these folks who put so much work into this topic, and especially Shawn for hooking me up with the getting started link care package) and it all works perfect!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
18BMWX5M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velomobile View Post
Update - Not sure what the FLA edits were/are but not needed. And it appears the Pre-LCI F32 w/ 552 Adaptive LED's & HBA do function the same way as the F82.

Followed GFHB doc v3 VO coding & completed via cheat codes (thanks so much to all these folks who put so much work into this topic, and especially Shawn for hooking me up with the getting started link care package) and it all works perfect!
I'm in the process of coding this myself. I did my 18 F85 X5M using the cheat codes in E-SYS and my 16 X5 I used the manual method that dmnc02 posted.
Appreciate 0