M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

Dealer screwed me

Ok I bought my E46 M3 May 25th of this year. Loved the car, but was falling for the 335i. So last friday I go to trade it in for a e92 335i( I don't keep cars long its like a curse) all the numbers were great. Already got financed through my credit union so everything was going flawlessly. My salesguy returns and say that my M is not registered to me and is still registered to such and such. Keep in mind that I bought my car from a dealer and not private owned. I still had paper tags on my M because I was told the title was lost and they have to apply for one. I don't know how long it takes to get a title back so I never really thought about it much. So yes I have had paper tags for 3 months.

Anyway now I am totally pissed so I called the dealer and ask them what the hell is going on. They kept on telling me the title is lost, so I ask them does it take this long and they say yes it does. So I ask them for the title co. name and number and they told me its an internal title co. Thats when I know something is up and this sounds a little too weird. I told them if they don't tell me whats going on right now I am gonna get a lawyer because something ain't right. He tells me hold on and this lady comes on the phone. She tells me that the original owners credit union still has the title because they have not paid the balance off yet, so legally they still own the car. I was like wtf. And then she tells me that they lost some of their funds and couldn't pay off the balance on the loan to get the title.

So right now my M is financed through 2 credit unions. She also went on to tell me that they have the funds now and are paying it off so they can get the title and they will have it on tuesday that just past. Guess what still no registration or title. So I said screw this crap I contacted my credit union and told them whats going on. They called the dealer and told them they have 15 days to produce the title and registration or I will be returning the car. I also filed a consumer complaint with the DMV and the BBB. The only reason I bought my M from that lot is because they had the exact color and options I wanted with at a good price. I also am gonna see if I can file a suit on this dealer for the frustration I had to go through especially if the 335i I wants get sold.

I know I know I should be kicking myself in the face for letting it go this far, but I had no idea when they told me the title was lost and they have to file for a new one I actually thought it would take awhile so I never looked into it. I was too busy enjoying the M to look into it more. Flame suit on.
      09-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
Ok I bought my E46 M3 May 25th of this year. Loved the car, but was falling for the 335i. So last friday I go to trade it in for a e92 335i( I don't keep cars long its like a curse) all the numbers were great. Already got financed through my credit union so everything was going flawlessly. My salesguy returns and say that my M is not registered to me and is still registered to such and such. Keep in mind that I bought my car from a dealer and not private owned. I still had paper tags on my M because I was told the title was lost and they have to apply for one. I don't know how long it takes to get a title back so I never really thought about it much. So yes I have had paper tags for 3 months.

Anyway now I am totally pissed so I called the dealer and ask them what the hell is going on. They kept on telling me the title is lost, so I ask them does it take this long and they say yes it does. So I ask them for the title co. name and number and they told me its an internal title co. Thats when I know something is up and this sounds a little too weird. I told them if they don't tell me whats going on right now I am gonna get a lawyer because something ain't right. He tells me hold on and this lady comes on the phone. She tells me that the original owners credit union still has the title because they have not paid the balance off yet, so legally they still own the car. I was like wtf. And then she tells me that they lost some of their funds and couldn't pay off the balance on the loan to get the title.

So right now my M is financed through 2 credit unions. She also went on to tell me that they have the funds now and are paying it off so they can get the title and they will have it on tuesday that just past. Guess what still no registration or title. So I said screw this crap I contacted my credit union and told them whats going on. They called the dealer and told them they have 15 days to produce the title and registration or I will be returning the car. I also filed a consumer complaint with the DMV and the BBB. The only reason I bought my M from that lot is because they had the exact color and options I wanted with at a good price. I also am gonna see if I can file a suit on this dealer for the frustration I had to go through especially if the 335i I wants get sold.

I know I know I should be kicking myself in the face for letting it go this far, but I had no idea when they told me the title was lost and they have to file for a new one I actually thought it would take awhile so I never looked into it. I was too busy enjoying the M to look into it more. Flame suit on.

Only in America. Regardless though, I can't believev they could let this get by them. I hope everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

sue them and return the car back... buy a new e92 lol so you dont even have to worry about the M

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I wldnt go as far as suing
seems u have it under control...
      09-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
You should have been pressing, considering you had temp tags for over 3 months. Especially being Texas, it takes no time to get plates.

I had registered plates for my car by the following Tuesday. I picked the car up on a Friday.

Lesson learned I guess.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sounds similar to where my sis-in-law traded in her car that she still owed, WE financed her a new car that included the balance, then the dealer never paid off the money we financed to pay off th original.
Don't get a lawyer (in the traditional sense,) get the local city/county DA where the dealer is located. This is a criminal act. Do it now, this is going on your credit report.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
You should have been pressing, considering you had temp tags for over 3 months. Especially being Texas, it takes no time to get plates.

I had registered plates for my car by the following Tuesday. I picked the car up on a Friday.

Lesson learned I guess.
I bought the M in Houston matter of fact.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sounds similar to where my sis-in-law traded in her car that she still owed, WE financed her a new car that included the balance, then the dealer never paid off the money we financed to pay off th original.
Don't get a lawyer (in the traditional sense,) get the local city/county DA where the dealer is located. This is a criminal act. Do it now, this is going on your credit report.

I am current on my payments on the M so if anybodies credit getting screwed is the guy before me that still has the loan on the M, caused it has to be over 90 days late. Unless they were making the car payments for him.

Last edited by Terrance28; 09-05-2008 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
I bought the M in Houston matter of fact.
Which dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Houston auto exchange on sw freeway.
Appreciate 0