M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
92tripleblack
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 AW Saddle, Spt, Prem

More stupid people, Galveston edition

Is it me, or do some of you also feel no pity for the dopes that decided to "ride" the storm out. This after seeing what happened to New Orleans partiers when Katrina hit, the government saying you will be experiencing "immanent death", and they are asking people to write their social security numbers on their arms to make identifying their bodies easier. Sorry, but good riddance and thanks for raising the average IQ for the rest of the human race.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
A 19 year old got washed off a jetty to his death already, what a foolish way to die. I grew up in Houston, some people just have something to prove, what they fail to understand is mother nature just doesn't care how macho you are.

Good luck to all those in the path.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
wahoo
Bangin' my head against the wall
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Sorry...growing up in Florida I can't understand why they don't leave. Lets see...one word, starts with K.....help me here. K. Kaah...Kaaaahhh......Kaaaaaahhhhhh....tah. Kaaah trina.

Nevermind..its tough to feel badly for ignorance... wish them the best - honestly,
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

You know what. Fuck all of you. Sometimes you cant just up and leave. I stayed for Katrina. Yeah it was a mandatory evacuation but you know what we couldnt get all of our horses out in time so we stayed. We lived. It was terribly difficult but whatever its done.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #5
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

What never ceases to amaze me is when they post weather people in the path of the hurricane and they show them barely avoiding losing their life so we can appreciate how strong the storm is.

We know it's dangerous and strong: it's a hurricane, get the hell out of there. I can't wait for Al Roker to be killed in one of those hurricanes.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Highest point on Galveston Island, 18 feet, expected storm surge 24 feet.

If you are too dumb to understand that 24>18, good riddance.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
You know what. Fuck all of you. Sometimes you cant just up and leave. I stayed for Katrina. Yeah it was a mandatory evacuation but you know what we couldnt get all of our horses out in time so we stayed. We lived. It was terribly difficult but whatever its done.
I'm interested in knowing why you couldn't?

I'm sure you're probably an exception to the list as to why you couldn't... but the other 99% of the people who decided to "stay" or "ride it out" I'm willing to bet weren't in the same boat as you...

Those people, I have no sympathy for. If someone tells me I'm going to very likely to die because of mother nature - ESPECIALLY after a disturbing storm as Katrina left New Orleans... I'd be the first asshat to leave.
      09-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
And God forbid if you had died, what fools you would have been.
      09-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
STFU and go away
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
We couldnt find an emergency shelter that accepted horses that wasnt full. Plus not only that you have to worry about ALL the other horses being NEGATIVE and update with their coggins (which I will never risk my horses being around a horse that's positive) I know part of that is because we were waiting on Katrina to turn and go to Florida. When she didnt we didnt have time to load and leave and find a place. We wanted to leave believe me, but we are not the cruel people who leave their animals behind and "hope they can survive" like the stupid idiots who left theirs to die. My two girls are my babies. The looks on their faces when they saw me after the hurricane I'll never forget. They were so frightened but when they heard my voice calling them, they came RUNNING to me for relief. Jacqueline was only a year old at the time Katrina hit (she's now a four year old adult horse) and she was a distraught yearling she would not leave my side. They were banged up pretty good but they were still alive and so were we. That's all that matters. I honestly think the after math of the hurricane was the worst. My horses are SPOILED rotten. They stay inside a barn with fans in their stalls cooling them off all day. We didnt have power for months. They had to go out in the 100+ degree weather and sweat. There was no running water. I couldnt fill their water buckets. I had to ration out nasty lake water as best I could for them. They had very little food. There was no going to feed stores for weeks to purchase anything. You really couldnt go anywhere. Streets were flooded and blocked...It was hell...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

holy shit... you are still here?! i haven't talk to u in forever
      09-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Thinking a horse's life is equal to a human's is your right. So is the choice to risk it for them. I have the right to think you are an idiot to remain in the path of a storm such as Katrina thinking you can do anything for a horse. I'm a first responder and have worked Ivan, Denis, Katrina, Rita and Gustav. Too many times have I seen the self-entitled morons who can't leave their precious <insert item, pet, etc> either rotting in their own filth, in desperate need for assistance or standing in line for a handout when they don't really need it taking from those who do. Human nature... ain't it a bitch? Getting angry and typing, "fuck all of you," is yet another window into that self-entitled psychy. People like you are far from reasonable regarding self preservation. At the end of the day, I'm glad you guys made it - there were too many that didn't. Either by choice or circumstance. Bad days, either way.

Just remember: Darwin had a point.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 03:12 AM   #13
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

man...im going to be in New Orleans next month too for a couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 04:06 AM   #14
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

wow this is the most fail i've seen in a thread in a long time. some people are really just complete assholes. that would be you, OP. yes, its not wise to stare certain devastation in the face, but some people are simply without the means to leave. this is not only galveston, but all up and down the coast and even in your area too. it has NOTHING to do with their or anyone's IQ.

i don't know if anyone has watched a significant amount of news coverage about the aftermath, but this is a major devastating event. i've seen plenty of it because it happens to be not too far of a drive from me. not to mention that some of my family and friends have been significantly impacted by this storm. like katrina, there are major areas that have been completely and utterly destroyed by floods and otherwise. need we forget that ike hit some very densely populated areas. there is no good riddance, these are people just like you. if you would have been in their shoes, it wouldn't be so funny. tens of thousands of people's lives, whether they stayed or evacuated, are completely destroyed, yet you tell these people off like they're below you. that's the fucking sick part of it. maybe you can just sit over there in your basement on your computer sending your shit out all over the internet because you don't know anyone effected by this storm, but buddy, i know tons of people. the moral of the story is be grateful for what you've got and your means because there are some that would kill to be in your shoes, and unfortunately for some of them, they lost their lives because they couldn't. choose your words wisely because karma is a bitch. /end rant
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #15
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacked View Post
Thinking a horse's life is equal to a human's is your right. So is the choice to risk it for them. I have the right to think you are an idiot to remain in the path of a storm such as Katrina thinking you can do anything for a horse. I'm a first responder and have worked Ivan, Denis, Katrina, Rita and Gustav. Too many times have I seen the self-entitled morons who can't leave their precious <insert item, pet, etc> either rotting in their own filth, in desperate need for assistance or standing in line for a handout when they don't really need it taking from those who do. Human nature... ain't it a bitch? Getting angry and typing, "fuck all of you," is yet another window into that self-entitled psychy. People like you are far from reasonable regarding self preservation. At the end of the day, I'm glad you guys made it - there were too many that didn't. Either by choice or circumstance. Bad days, either way.

Ok put it this way douche bag. I was 17 no credit cards. Where the fuck was I supposed to go and how was I supposed to get there? Last I checked it required money to go anywhere. I havent had to work until I was 18. You really are ignorant.

Last edited by Sara; 09-15-2008 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #16
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
man...im going to be in New Orleans next month too for a couple of days.
Hurricane season is over by then
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #17
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacked View Post

Tell me this. Would you leave your family behind? No didnt think so. I'm not talking about equines either.

Last edited by Sara; 09-15-2008 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #18
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Name:  tied_up_century.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  23.0 KB
      09-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #19
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Some people forget it can be very expensive to evacuate, and if you have a large family, it's even harder.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #20
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Some people forget it can be very expensive to evacuate, and if you have a large family, it's even harder.
THANK YOU!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #21
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
anyone ??

PayPal me.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #22
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

You know hardly anything offends me in life. I can take just about anything anyone throws at me, but when your bring up Katrina...no I'm done. Enjoy your thread. I'm out.
Appreciate 0