European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

07-04-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
ACCENG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f82 M4

Programming / Coding used replacement amplifier and asd no sound

Hello,

Water got into my convertible trunk on my M4, took out my amplifier and asd unit. I purchased replacement parts and have connected them to the car, but continue to not have any sound output. I have injected a cafd file to each of the modules (no file was present when I originally connected them to the car). I used the most recent version of the cafd. After that I vo coded them to the car. Also I flashed the amplifier when I continued to have no sound. I have no codes in ista d and am completely stumped as to what to try next to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
bobvillacars
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435i Bolt Sierra 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCENG View Post
Hello,

Water got into my convertible trunk on my M4, took out my amplifier and asd unit. I purchased replacement parts and have connected them to the car, but continue to not have any sound output. I have injected a cafd file to each of the modules (no file was present when I originally connected them to the car). I used the most recent version of the cafd. After that I vo coded them to the car. Also I flashed the amplifier when I continued to have no sound. I have no codes in ista d and am completely stumped as to what to try next to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
How did you fix the problem after you got all the parts? I'm in the same situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 01:19 PM   #3
ACCENG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvillacars View Post
How did you fix the problem after you got all the parts? I'm in the same situation.
I ended up purchasing an amp that was bad as well, once I swapped out to a working amp and was coded worked perfectly.
Appreciate 0