Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
never1991
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition

Fold/unfold mirrors issues

Hello,

I’ve comfort access on my F80 2018 EURO and recently I coded fold/unfold mirrors automatically when I open and close the car successfully. I’m not sure if are related with a incorrect coding or insufficient but I have some issues with tailgate and the fuel tank door:

About the tailgate:

Situation 1: When the car is closed, I open the tailgate with my foot and I close the tailgate, after some second the car closes again. If I press open the car with the remote/hand door, the doors opens but the mirrors doesn’t unfold.

Situation 2: When the car is closed, I open the tailgate with my foot and I close the tailgate, if immediately I open the car with the remote/hand door, the doors opens and mirrors unfold successfully.

About fuel tank door:

When I go to the gas station, with the car opened, I open the fuel tank door and about 20 seconds the car closes automatically and fold the mirrors automatically. So, If I press open the the car with the remote/hand door, the doors opens but the mirrors doesn’t unfold.

In resume, if the car closes automatically himself, the unfold features doesn’t work anymore when I open the car next time. I need to push the door button to unfold the mirrors and they will works again. The same with tailgate.

Any experience with this? Its seems a coding issue.
Thanks in advanced

Last edited by never1991; 10-23-2020 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #2
never1991
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition

Adding that I have the same issue if i lock unlock the car over BMW Connected App

I've contracted remote services on my F80 and using BMW Connected App on my mobile after open/close remotely the first time, the mirrors remain folded with no possibility to unfold remotely anymore.
I need to go to he car and push the interior switch to unfold de mirrors "manually" again.

Has someone with Remote services contracted tried if the mirrors fold/unfold correctly?
Appreciate 0