BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
labrat0073
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

BMW Power Kit Stage 1 install problem

I really could use some expertise. I purchased a 2010 BMW 135i from Germany and it was delivered to Bahrain with US specs as if I bought it from BMW NA.

I purchased the BMW Power Kit Stage 1 from BMW NA and took it too my local BMW dealership here in Bahrain to have it installed.

The technician stated that he was receiving an error code while trying to download the software for my car (ASAP system). Error states: Input Error, which was showing while downloading. BMW Bahrain thinks its some how VIN related but I was assured by BMW NA that the power kit comes with the activation code and my VIN was not used for any kind of regional lock.

Could some one explain and shed some light on this subject please.

I was also informed that BMW Bahrain needs to have the tech use the PUMA system for troubleshooting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am the one that is having to do the leg work on behalf of BMW Bahrain.
Appreciate 0