M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-15-2014, 03:35 AM   #1
M5_Lucky_Driver
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

M5 turbo downpipe cat kit from insidePerformance

Hello M5 friends :P

I am new here - I am reading in your great forum since months - but now I have some own questions. I am from Spain and bought my brandnew M5 about 5 month ago..

I was searching for a perfect downpipe solution for my car - but I do not want the engine check control light go on and do not want any errors in my bmw's error log. Because I do not want my warrenty to be influenced ;P

So we have a famouse BMW M tuner here in Europe - they are famouse for building the strongest and best BMW X6M here (called X6M Stealth). I have seen these cars on quartermile carshows here in Europe and they blast everything (I will try to find one of those video for you)

Two days ago they offered me their new turbo downpipe kit with special cats and no influence to check control. I am interested if anybody of you already has experience with that kit?

I already bought their enhanced BMW M5 exhaust flap-control-unit. It really works great for me! It gives you FULL control over the exhaust flaps - you can open and close them at ANY time - independent of the exhaust you use - it works with the stock muffler and also with all aftermarket flap mufflers.

But coming back to my question: has anyone any experience with their downpipe kit? I already was in contact with them. They told their downpipes are maximum performance optimized. The sports catalytic converters only have as much cells as needed so the oxygen sensors report "everything OK". After the sensory (positioned in the middle), the cats are empty. And very unique seems to be that the downpipes 100% look like stock - so bmw could not figure out that they have been changed. Was is a great thing for my and my BMW warrenty.. and because of the stock design, the fitting accuracy is 100% they told me. They even offered me a very special price if I am the first who writes a review in some internatinal forums.. unfortunatly I will be on a business trim to China the next 2 month

What do you think?

Oh I forgot the link: Turbo downpipe kit with sports cats

Also for our strict emission guidelines here in Europe it is very important to have a solution which reports no oxigen / emission errors because of our regular emission inspections.. so that sounds great to me..

Hope you guys can help - thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

You can send a message to cold list to answer your questions.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
M5_Lucky_Driver
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Sorry I do not understand what you mean.

What or who is "cold list" and why shall he answer my question? Does he have these downpipes and cats on his M5?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Lucky_Driver View Post

What or who is "cold list" and why shall he answer my question? Does he have these downpipes and cats on his M5?
He is a member here, you can look him up by that user name. He has 400 cell cats in the OEM shell from another company so yes he can answer you're questions .
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Lucky_Driver View Post

What is he? An enigma.

Who is he? Batman.

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would recommend Manhart Performance, they have proven products for the F10 M5

http://www.manhart-performance.de/de/top-news

http://www.manhart-performance.de/en/top-news

Search for their MH5 and MH6 versions of the M5 and M6..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
@M5_Lucky_Driver They are most likely the same ones that ColdList and I are running. They are stock downpipes that have had the two Catalytic converters changed out to 400 and 300cel. No issues or check engine lights. The sound is a bit louder, can hear the turbos spool. I have not been able to tell if the car feels faster though. I have performance numbers posted on the Engine thread(http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930892). 11.75 has been my best quarter on the street. I have only made a handful of runs to date.

I would consider these or the DP run my GMD2003 (supersprint's i think) they are 200cel for better flow.
Appreciate 0